TV Show Thread

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Anyone watch Are You Afraid of the Dark? in the 90's?

The campy/lame factor doesn't translate to the kids nowadays - but back in the 90's (I was in a very famous tv show...couldn't resist) - Nickelodeon's late night line up was like:

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Ren and Stimpy
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Invader Zim

So good.
C'mon then, what famous show?

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Oh man the first two minutes of the new Curb episode and it's kind of sucking and then a complete 180 and an absolute classic!

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Probably not many Star Trek fans here but just watched Picard episode 1, great first up episode and probably the best thing about it, it's not trying to be just an updated version of The Next Generation.

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
Just finished Titans season 2, bit of a weird season, especially the finale. Hopefully we get a payoff next season

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Anyone watching The Outsider?

Ben Mendelsohn might win some awards from this, he's so good. Arguably the best Australian actor at the moment imo. I absolutely love the cinematography and vibes I'm getting from it, very similar to a True Detective season 1 in terms of tension.

mrslong

State of Origin Rep
Patriots Nation

Ben Mendelsohn might win some awards from this, he's so good. Arguably the best Australian actor at the moment imo. I absolutely love the cinematography and vibes I'm getting from it, very similar to a True Detective season 1 in terms of tension.
He was so good in Bloodlines too. So good.

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Suncorp Stadium

I’m enjoying the show but not the old school one episode a week format. Just let us binge, goddammit!

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Probably not many Star Trek fans here but just watched Picard episode 1, great first up episode and probably the best thing about it, it's not trying to be just an updated version of The Next Generation.
I saw it and liked it a lot, looks like it has a big budget which is cool. I liked some of the twists and turns already. That end scene leads to so many questions. The twin girl was not very good, hopefully she becomes more confident in the role as the season goes on. But yeah, I really liked it.

Allo

NRL Captain
Watching the first season of ‘Teachers’ on Netflix. Has a very young and British Rick Grimes and is quintessentially modern-day England (well in 2001). Has an interesting parallel with Scrubs with its use of cut-aways and day-dream scenarios. Be prepared to get violently frustrated with his character though.

mystico

BRL Player
Watching the first season of ‘Teachers’ on Netflix. Has a very young and British Rick Grimes and is quintessentially modern-day England (well in 2001). Has an interesting parallel with Scrubs with its use of cut-aways and day-dream scenarios. Be prepared to get violently frustrated with his character though.
First two only. Rest are total poo. Remember when it was on TV first time around.

Allo

NRL Captain
First two only. Rest are total poo. Remember when it was on TV first time around.
yeah I’ve just finished the first season, but saw he only stayed on for two. The chick who plays Jenny is super-familiar, yet going through her credits I can’t spot anything I’ve seen that she was in.

I love the chemistry science teacher that always springs up and hastily exits the staff room two seconds before the bell.

Shame that Simon dumped Maggie. She was a babe, and somehow put up with all his neurotic bullshit

those 40min episodes feel looooong too

mystico

BRL Player
yeah I’ve just finished the first season, but saw he only stayed on for two. The chick who plays Jenny is super-familiar, yet going through her credits I can’t spot anything I’ve seen that she was in.

I love the chemistry science teacher that always springs up and hastily exits the staff room two seconds before the bell.

Shame that Simon dumped Maggie. She was a babe, and somehow put up with all his neurotic bullshit

those 40min episodes feel looooong too
So true re spoiler. He does not know what’s good for him. And spot on re chemistry teacher too

Simon comes back later on (a bit in season 3) but season 1 was better written and better acted. It turns into Kurt and Brian’s show. Good sidekicks but not worth a whole show.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist - it’s a musical dramedy...and it’s actually really good so far, did not expect that!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.