Tyrone Peachey to backflip on Titans deal

If you backflip out of a contract, it should be an instant ban across all NRL level clubs for the period of the contract period. NRL having someone renege is as boring as Australia changing prime ministers, and also seemingly of the same frequency

If you backflip out of a contract, it should be an instant ban across all NRL level clubs for the period of the contract period. NRL having someone renege is as boring as Australia changing prime ministers, and also seemingly of the same frequency

It's ludicrous and doesn't happen anywhere else in the world. The clubs need more power, at the moment the players and managers have all of the power.

The simplest solution would just be that all contracts must be honoured, if for whatever reason a player has cold feet or is unhappy in their current situation, it's at their discretion, they can quit the club if they want, but they will be unable to sign elsewhere until the contract is up. And if they quit, they no longer get paid out of the contract they signed, the money should be donated to a charity of the clubs choice on a weekly basis until which point as the player realises he has no other choice but to suck it up and play out the contract that he signed.

And on the flip side, if a player is constantly misbehaving and doing their darnedest to get the club to sack them so they can sign elsewhere, same deal, the clubs should be able to submit a request to the NRL with full documentation explaining why the player is being terminated, if the NRL agrees that the reasoning is sufficient, terminate the contract, donate 50% of the yearly salary on each remaining year to charity, allow the club to keep the rest (They should be marginally punished for signing a dropkick of a player), ban the player from signing with another club until the original contract is up.

And on the flip, flip side, if the clubs are the ones having cold feet or wanting to get rid of a player they regret signing, too bad. Contracts should be binding like a motherfucker on both ends.

If the Titans stick by their guns here I will gain major respect for them, possibly even enough to have them as my third team (Broncos first daylight second).

In my opinion Ayoub is an absolute wanker and below even journalists when it comes to being a worm. The GC are only "shopping him around" because the fucking idiot, possibly advised by Ayoub to do so, has publicly come out and said he isn't going to honour a legal contract. Guess what Ayoub, that contract is legal and he's going to have to break it to get out of it. I hope the Tits take them to court.

The Titans wouldn't have to take them to court ... just refuse to release him ...

if he doesn't get a release, then he will never be permitted to play for another NRL club ... I also doubt the ESL would allow him to play in their comp as it would set a bad precedent (of course going to the ESL would go against the reason he has given for wanting to reneg)

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Titans have been burned before with this sort of thing. I remember they signed a Melbourne player to start in their first year 2007 (can't remember who it was). Then he changed his mind and wanted out before a ball had been kicked so he could stay in Melbourne and they (Titans) eventually gave in and released him. I think they got two lower grade players from the storm as some sort of half assed compensation.

With that sort of precedent I wouldn't be putting any money on Peachey ending up with them next season if he doesn't want to go.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

The Titans have been burned before with this sort of thing. I remember they signed a Melbourne player to start in their first year 2007 (can't remember who it was). Then he changed his mind and wanted out before a ball had been kicked so he could stay in Melbourne and they (Titans) eventually gave in and released him. I think they got two lower grade players from the storm as some sort of half assed compensation.

With that sort of precedent I wouldn't be putting any money on Peachey ending up with them next season if he doesn't want to go.

Steve Turner?

If he doesn't want to be there, it is pointless trying to force him. As for black banning him for not wanting to honour his contract, where was all this righteous indignation when a player gets sacked for ill-discipline only to be swooped up by a rival club?
If they really want to make players honour their contracts regardless, have the NRL handle all contracts and leave clubs out of it. Sign them up, ala the old Super League and have the clubs alot them, give preference for local juniors in weight and also for longevity at a club.
Of course, it would require group negotiation with the players association and give it a lot more power. The star players may not have their salaries as bloated either.

If he doesn't want to be there, it is pointless trying to force him. As for black banning him for not wanting to honour his contract, where was all this righteous indignation when a player gets sacked for ill-discipline only to be swooped up by a rival club?
If they really want to make players honour their contracts regardless, have the NRL handle all contracts and leave clubs out of it. Sign them up, ala the old Super League and have the clubs alot them, give preference for local juniors in weight and also for longevity at a club.
Of course, it would require group negotiation with the players association and give it a lot more power. The star players may not have their salaries as bloated either.

Serious? Maybe you weren't here the few times it's happened.

Pretty sure there's been tons of it :)

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • Manlyman
  • Morkel
  • Mick_Hancock
  • BroncoFan94
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Gympie devil
  • ChewThePhatt
  • cento
  • Lurker
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.