Tyson Gamble is the Next Justin Hodges

Gee you guys are too generous after wins. First Gamble is the next Hodges and now McHunt has been given legend status.
@theshed , understand that I am a transplanted LA jew living in Wynnum. The last time I heard the word chutzpah mentioned in these parts were....well, never.

I loved how he stood up to their No8 with the melee they had.
Of course Peachey had to lift him at full and dump. Couldn’t get over how quick the boys were in there. From the team not giving a toss when Deardon got manhandled to this says heaps about the cohesion.

@theshed , understand that I am a transplanted LA jew living in Wynnum. The last time I heard the word chutzpah mentioned in these parts were....well, never.
It was just a cheeky cheap shot from me at McHunt, no serious intentions.

Well, I hope no one is thinking he’s a long term option after 1 performance but I think if he can at least play like he did last night, he’ll do for the season.

Everyone was carrying on like Croft was the answer after the panthers game. If he could have kept playing to that mediocre standard he may have been good enough to see out the season but he shit the bed the next week.

If last night is the average Gamble performance he will see out the season but he absolutely isn’t a replacement for a guy like Reynolds.

You’ll like this Broncs, but I actually think Milford on the cheap would make a good partner to Reynolds. It all depends if he can string together enough decent performances this season to show his attitude is improved.

I'm not sure yet that we should spend anything on a half until Gamble has had at least 4-5 weeks in the position. If he continues to own the position, lead and direct, and kick well as he did last night, I don't know why we should decide he's only worth this season and then goes.

Reynolds also has the benefit of a class spine and a settled team. For me it makes Gamble's performance last night even more memorable. For starters, he enabled our spine to click better than it has for years. Not something to ignore.

His performance last night also showed me that Dearden and Croft are not organising half backs.

I’ve been on the Gamble train for a while and I’m still stoked with how he played last night. All of the off the ball stuff is stuff he can do every week and if he can convince the players to give a shit he will add something positive to this team of idiots.

Communication and inner mongrel is something this team needs. If he doesn't work out in the halves, there's absolutely no reason why he can't be a bench utility or maybe a lock.

Communication and inner mongrel is something this team needs. If he doesn't work out in the halves, there's absolutely no reason why he can't be a bench utility or maybe a lock.
Totally agree. We still need a high profile halfback and I'm sure Kevie hasn't suddenly changed his plans in his quest for one. Gamble has size to his advantage and like you said, could possibly make a go of it in a different position. Somehow I don't see him being overly successful as a NRL HB.

im starting to see in my mind what Gamble can be playing lock for us. Energy, mongrel, link up play and another legit kicking option.....oh baby..!!

Chutzpah...:rofl

I feel a few people on here might be getting a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to Gamble lol yes he had a great game, but it was only one game. Lets see how he goes against a real top 8 team before we start splurging everywhere.

I feel a few people on here might be getting a bit ahead of themselves when it comes to Gamble lol yes he had a great game, but it was only one game. Lets see how he goes against a real top 8 team before we start splurging everywhere.
Your right of course. Gamble could be our very own Bradbury, but even if it's just for that one win over the Titans he's starting to take on Minto like status. :happy: :happy:

He has a set on him, can tell players where to go, helps get the structures set, improves our defence which was really good in the second half, and lets our strengths in the forwards come to the fore. Milf can then do the razzle dazzle stuff. Has potential...

Well, I hope no one is thinking he’s a long term option after 1 performance but I think if he can at least play like he did last night, he’ll do for the season.

Everyone was carrying on like Croft was the answer after the panthers game. If he could have kept playing to that mediocre standard he may have been good enough to see out the season but he shit the bed the next week.

If last night is the average Gamble performance he will see out the season but he absolutely isn’t a replacement for a guy like Reynolds.

You’ll like this Broncs, but I actually think Milford on the cheap would make a good partner to Reynolds. It all depends if he can string together enough decent performances this season to show his attitude is improved.
Your overall vibe of lets wait and see is fair enough.......and wise.

But......if he can put together games like we've just seen, he doesn't have to do much more than that, other than fine tune what he is doing now. TBH...he's exactly what we need. Tough, simple...no frills footy. If he can control the side...Milford and the backline will provide the frills.
I think Gamble's attitude and passion, fired Milford up into action as well.

Early days indeed...I think they'll make a good combination.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • Behold
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • jd87
  • Porthoz
  • Morkel
  • Kev_Guz
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Yem
  • Nerd
... and 48 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.