UFC 87

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
anyone else watching this on sunday? its going to be a great card. One of the top 5 pound for pound fighters in the world will be on show in Georges St Pierre whos defending the welterweight title against Jon Fitch. I think it will be a closer fight than what people have been saying but i still think gsp will win. Then Brock Lesnar in his 2nd UFC fight against my fave heavyweight Heath Herring. Last time Brock tried to go all out punching and GnP with a submission guy in frank mir and he eventually got caught. this time hes facing brawler so it should be a great fight and a true test to see how good lesnars stand up really is. Also on the card, my most anticipated match of the night, undefeated lightweight Roger Huerta takes on top lightweight contender Kenny Florian. i cant wait for this match, as i love the UFC lightweight division, go Ken Flo!

GSP will take Fitch in 2, setting up a rematch with BJ Penn for the New Years show.Fitch is another Nate Marquardt.

I'll go with Lesnar over Herring via GNP in 1, simply too explosive, if this fight makes the 2nd round i go with Herring..

KenFlo will beat Huerta on points.

i think gsp by submission in the 3rd, Herring by KO in the 2nd and Florian by ref stoppage in the 3rd.

Penn/GSP would be massive, if both go at it 100%. Now with Anderson Silva accepting LHW fights and the possibility of UFC signing Fedor to fight Couture, its exciting times for the UFC. and also for us MMA fans.

looks like tito is going to sign for affliction and will fight babalu, on the same card fedor will defend against andrei arlovski.

mma is just getting better and better. glad to see affliction starting up, will help boost mma having two different companies.

I think Huerta will win against Florian, better all round. i hope lesnar wins as it will just be good for the sport to see him get to the top.

next few ppvs will be so good.

i cant wait for Bisping v leben ufc 88/89.

Are you talking about Brock Lesnar? He's a machine. Didn't he train with tree trunks on his shoulders?

pennywisealfie said:
i think gsp by submission in the 3rd, Herring by KO in the 2nd and Florian by ref stoppage in the 3rd.

Penn/GSP would be massive, if both go at it 100%. Now with Anderson Silva accepting LHW fights and the possibility of UFC signing Fedor to fight Couture, its exciting times for the UFC. and also for us MMA fans.

looks like tito is going to sign for affliction and will fight babalu, on the same card fedor will defend against andrei arlovski.

The interesting thing with Anderson and BJ is they will move up the divisions, GSP seems reluctant.BJ fought Machida , taking him to points who is a fair bit heavier, and a p4p fighter.

Fedor would absolutely smash Couture, Couture is overhyped for an old man that has already lost 9 times.Legend my arse.

Babalu has issues with Jacob, I think he could take him.

Lesnar will kill him. Mir only won because he turned his head, forcing the referee to break the fight, which gave him to to recover.

even though i like heath herring and i dont think much of brock, i wouldnt mind seeing brock winning just because it would be good for MMA

brock will have learnt alot from the 1st fight and will have better jiu jitsu this time.

WOW @ brock. he really is the real deal.

so stoked about Ken flo winning, that fight was awesome. id like to see florian get the next title shot now and huerta can fight someone like sherk or stevenson.

honorable mention goes to Jason McDonald whos fighting spirit was awesome on a night where Herring and Fitch both survived in fights where they got dominated. McDonald was escaping submissions like an abu dhabi pro.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Kev_Guz
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • phoenix
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • theshed
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.