Under-fire Broncos recruit Jack Bird eyes return for Brisbane

So what are we a treatment facility that pays you for your treatment or a fucking football club. If this is true the **** should have to return his salary for the year and pay his medical bills. I hope this is untrue. But if it is not this **** should be made a pooper through litigation.
I'm sure you meant pauper, but then again he is behaving like a spoiled little shit if the rumours are to be believed. Perhaps he did not realise we don't use peptides up here until he got here.

I think Dobbo is full of shit. I can’t find another media outlet that has picked up this story. If there was a lick of truth to this, I’m sure the story would be everywhere by now.

1 Boyd ...
6 Milf
7 Macca
9 Niko
13 Bird
Macca at 7 is novel, but his organising voice controls our ruck and line speed so it might just work. Niko would need to do a six week crash course at the Axe's school of tackling though for that to be effective.

Wally's staring to morph into Ron Burgundy.
They realise that's not how coop is spelt, right?

Edit: Sorry replied to the wrong post. Was in relation to the Jack Bird tweet.

Last edited:
I’m more than happy to let him leave if we win the gf with him in the firstteam.

I'd much prefer to stick with the guys who got us there but if he Is picked I'm sure he will be staying anyway.
Wayne doesn't take kindly to those who brush him.

I highly doubt that Turps will be starting. Bennett will use the same method as last time.

Turpin is getting underdone at the moment he is barely getting 30 minutes off the bench at Dolphins. If he wasn't picked for the NRL side this week he'd have the week off too it's not great prep.

Broncos are unhappy he's not getting minutes.

Turpin is getting underdone at the moment he is barely getting 30 minutes off the bench at Dolphins. If he wasn't picked for the NRL side this week he'd have the week off too it's not great prep.

Broncos are unhappy he's not getting minutes.

Tbh, there isn't a lot between him and Hugh Pratt.

Seems every year the Broncos are unhappy with how they use our players. Can't understand why we stick with them

I think Dobbo is full of shit. I can’t find another media outlet that has picked up this story. If there was a lick of truth to this, I’m sure the story would be everywhere by now.

On top of which, there hasn’t been one single direct quote from Bird about this. He came out last time and put all this crap to rest. When the usual suspects (Buzz, Gallen etc) were all talking sh*t about it, just like they are now.

This time I am not surprised he hasn’t bothered to address it. He’s done it already. His coach and club have done it already. His family have done it already.

He is contracted to us in year one of four. I don’t think he is going anywhere, any time soon.

If he does leave (which isn't to say I think he will), it will have a decidedly Martin Kennedy smell to it. Sign elsewhere for an inflated wage, play like busted ballsack (regardless of reason) and ask for a release, go back to original club, who then pays a lower price and it all gets subsidised by stupid us.

If he really wants to go that badly (again, not sure if that's the case), he should have the stones to get a full release, a la Hayne from the Titans, and sign with the Sharks on the reduced wage and we don't contribute a cent or tie up a Top 30 spot.

Tbh, there isn't a lot between him and Hugh Pratt.

Seems every year the Broncos are unhappy with how they use our players. Can't understand why we stick with them

It’s why we need a proper reserve grade comp. I know the pros/cons, but ultimately it needs to happen if clubs want full control over their contracted players

If he does leave (which isn't to say I think he will), it will have a decidedly Martin Kennedy smell to it. Sign elsewhere for an inflated wage, play like busted ballsack (regardless of reason) and ask for a release, go back to original club, who then pays a lower price and it all gets subsidised by stupid us.

If he really wants to go that badly (again, not sure if that's the case), he should have the stones to get a full release, a la Hayne from the Titans, and sign with the Sharks on the reduced wage and we don't contribute a cent or tie up a Top 30 spot.

Would also be wonderful if once we stop subsidising his deal there was a random drug test that would allow them to try and sign him on a third of the wage like Sharks tried to do with Barba.

Everything about Bird's signing has been shrouded in knee jerk reaction and mindlessness. We didn't need another Centre, he is no Halfback when it gets down to it, he's a Sydney native carrying plenty of injury so of course he was bound to get homesick just sitting at home with no local friends. All it really comes down to is we were desperate for a big name signing after failing to get Taylor back and he had dollars on his mind far more than sense.

Let him go be someone else's problem and we can use his sizeable chunk of cap to sign what we really need.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/5617347/bird-not-flying-broncos-coop-roberts/

His Cronulla visit may have ruffled feathers but Jack Bird won't be flying the Brisbane coop, according to teammate James Roberts.
However, the question remains when - or where - the prized Sharks recruit will play for the Broncos.
Eyebrows were raised when Bird was spotted supporting Cronulla at their last round NRL clash with Newcastle, further fuelling speculation he was keen for a return to The Shire next year.
It is believed Broncos players ribbed Bird afterwards for attending the Sharks game and brushing their stirring 22-8 win over Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium the previous evening.
However, it emerged Bird attended the Sharks game as a guest of Cronulla director Craig Airey to farewell club stalwart and good mate Luke Lewis - a 2016 premiership teammate.
The sighting still threw more fire on talk Bird wanted to get out of the final three seasons of his lucrative Brisbane contract amid speculation the 23-year-old had found it hard to adjust to Broncos life this year.
He has been restricted to just eight games in his debut Brisbane season due to injury.
But Roberts said Bird was not going anywhere.
"Birdy will be here. He has just had a bad run with injuries," Roberts said of Bird's mindset.
More surprises were to come when Bird was named on an extended bench for Brisbane's Sunday clash with Manly.
Bird had not featured in the NRL since round 10 and was not expected to be seen again this year.
Coach Wayne Bennett all but ruled Bird out for the season when the ex-NSW star underwent sternum surgery in mid-June.
Bird is back running at training but was not expected to be risked in 2018, with the former Shark believed to be still sweating on follow up scans on his sternum operation.
Roberts also sounded resigned to not seeing his teammate in action again until the 2019 pre-season.
"He didn't come to us 100 per cent but he will be right," Roberts said of Bird, who arrived at Brisbane with a shoulder complaint.
"But he will be ready to go once the pre-season starts."

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Allo
  • Cavalo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • bb_gun
  • Rookie Alan
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Spoon
  • Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.