NEWS Unsigned players for 2021

I wouldn't mind having a crack at that Thomas Flegler bloke, unfortunately he probably will have signed somewhere else in 5 weeks or so.

Seems like a nice Storm signing to replace Welch.. Him and Dearden would be lovely additions there.

I don't understand why we would want Tonumaipea. Yeah.. He's been decent.. But we should be aiming higher.. Arguably we would be buying Tunamaipea at his peak price too.. Dumbbbb

View attachment 9997
View attachment 9998
I don't understand why we would want Tonumaipea. Yeah.. He's been decent.. But we should be aiming higher.. Arguably we would be buying Tunamaipea at his peak price too.. Dumbbbb

we won't be signing any external players until we have a coach ...

that's the media or more likely Tonumaipea's manager using us to inflate his price tag

I wouldn't mind having a crack at that Thomas Flegler bloke, unfortunately he probably will have signed somewhere else in 5 weeks or so.

problem is upgrading his contract from what it is now would set you back $1mil... :eyetwitch:

we won't be signing any external players until we have a coach ...

that's the media or more likely Tonumaipea's manager using us to inflate his price tag

Haha okay but didn't we re-sign Isaac Luke without having a coach for next year?

Haha okay but didn't we re-sign Isaac Luke without having a coach for next year?

last i checked Isaac Luke currently plays for us and thus is not an external player ...

besides i don't think that has actually been confirmed by anyone

Yeah nah mate he is our long term HALFBACK!!!

i respectfully disagree with this assessment..

He isnt a organisr, he takes the line on, pops little passes on to edge runners...he is better used wider from the ruck..

And then there is his kicking game... :eyetwitch:

However, for next season, yeh i agree he has to start with the 7 on his back...

last i checked Isaac Luke currently plays for us and thus is not an external player ...

My mistake, didn't read it correctly. Why are we re-signing players yet not looking externally? I don't really understand that.

Umm...you sure he actually did that...??

He isnt a organisr, he takes the line on, pops little passes on to edge runners...he is better used wider from the ruck..

Respectfully, he isn’t a running half if that is your view than really you just have ruled him down to being a shit and overrated player... which is ok cause now I am starting to have doubt over him... but currently and especially a couple years in the future 5/8 will predominantly be a flair running half and apart from keary (who possesses predominantly game management skills whilst also obtaining a good running game) their the ones who have success now and will continue to in the future

1910 has said he has a good kick, just not confident.

Respectfully, he isn’t a running half if that is your view than really you just have ruled him down to being a shit and overrated player... which is ok cause now I am starting to have doubt over him... but currently and especially a couple years in the future 5/8 will predominantly be a flair running half and apart from keary (who possesses predominantly game management skills whilst also obtaining a good running game) their the ones who have success now and will continue to in the future

with Respect.....

Heehee, all good...

Yeh i just see him there personally...he has the ability to set up whatever edge he is on and can pass long or short depending on the reads he sees when he takes the line on.

Someone mentioned hes a good kicker but not confident...oh man....thats my fear for all our young guys...confidence, just how much damage has been done to confidence in this group..?

Ill hope for the best and look forward to Dearden having that confidence back plus the confidence of the new coaching staff to show us his real kicking game next season...

Last edited:
Well I'll assume you're just shooting from the hip with your subjective opinion here and haven't actually bothered to check the numbers, because they paint a very different story to the 'unreliable, terrible and rarely hard working' 2020 you've described:

Aiden Tolman in 2020:

Games: 17
Average Minutes: 61 per game
Tackles: 685 @ 93.8% efficiency, which incidentally, is a comparable efficiency to the likes of noted gun defenders McCinnes, Twal, & Jake Trbojevic
Average Tackles: 40.8 per game with an average of just over ONE missed tackle per game in the second worse team in the comp.
Average Run Metres: 18 runs @ 141 metres per game
Discipline: 3 penalties conceded and 5 errors in total in 2020, which places him amongst the lowest for these numbers for any middle defender in the competition.

Put simply, if you were to compare Tolman to the Broncos in 2020, no Bronco has averaged as many tackles as Tolman, no Bronco has as high a tackle efficiency as Tolman and only Payne Haas has averaged more metres gained. I'm sure I also don't need to point out that our only even close to comparable players in Haas and Carrigan also have more errors and penalties conceded too.

Sorry to break it to you, but whilst he is perhaps not a gun player or likely to get much better either, the idea that Tolman is declining or just isn't good anymore is frankly not even remotely supported by the numbers.
Nah I just watch the games and notice his Hindmarsh tackles and ineffective runs that lead to nothing.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.