Updated - Lockyer rules himself out of Manly match

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
This will be the biggest news all week without a doubt.

We need Lockyer, if he is injured I will be heart broken and don't know if I could ever forgive Beale :(

PLEASE BE OK DARREN GOD LOCKYER :respect::respect::respect:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reckon he's broken his cheekbone. But there's no way in hell he'll miss next week.

Just give him the Matty Sing head gear

I will be looking on RL news sites intensly for more news.

Please be ok Lockyer!

Even if he broke his jaw, he'd still play.

He's done ... unfortunately ... you don't get kneed like that and just come away 'sore' ..

FKUC it ....:angry:

He is tougher than any other. He will be there come hell or high water. I will still be keeping very close tabs on this story though.

Anyone that blames Beale is a soft sorry Spwn, But if Beale stood back the Dragons would have snapped it up and possibly scored... Good on ya Beale for putting the team before ya captain.

Anyone that blames Beale is a soft sorry Spwn, But if Beale stood back the Dragons would have snapped it up and possibly scored... Good on ya Beale for putting the team before ya captain.

Agreed, the team comes first and even Lockyer would have gladly put his body on the line to prevent a potential try situation.

According Phil Lutton on twitter, who is presumably at the press conference.. "Lockyer a "bit groggy" says Griffin. And some good news... Says he WILL play next week"

Yeah yeah what ever, he did the right thing I know but I would be heart broken if Lockyer's career ended by a knee from a teammate :(

I'm still a Beale fanboy though :)

Agreed, the team comes first and even Lockyer would have gladly put his body on the line to prevent a potential try situation.
That's it... If Locky doesn't play again as bad as it is #### happens. I'd rather he goes out because he got injured than have him go out because a player didn't defend a kick.

Yeah yeah what ever, he did the right thing I know but I would be heart broken if Lockyer's career ended by a knee from a teammate :(
Nah Locky would still get at least 1 more game in Newcastle... the test match the NRL made up just so they could be sure he didn't play his last game in QLD..

Nah Locky would still get at least 1 more game in Newcastle... the test match the NRL made up just so they could be sure he didn't play his last game in QLD..

Ah interesting, I thought he wouldn't continue with rep duties after the season is over.

LONG LIVE LOCKYER THE KING!

Right now my main concern is Lockyer being ready for next week so we can beat the Manly scums.

No way he doesn't play on - regardless of injury.

He'll play I reckon. Maybe they make him a head case to hold the smashed bones together. He was struggling to even talk, but he is unbelievably tough.

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Astro
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Santa
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.