Vale Mitch Cronin

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The rugby league community is mourning the death of former Brisbane Broncos and Canberra Raiders player Mitch Cronin, who has died suddenly aged 27.

The Wynnum Seagulls club captain played in the Queensland Cup grand final last year, and reportedly died in his Brisbane home overnight.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F2b6bb564-61e8-42a2-b34b-12dadd4708ec
Mitch Cronin. (Getty)
Despite never making an appearance in the NRL Cronin played for the Raiders in the Auckland Nines and also the Broncos after leaving the Raiders.

The hooker spent several seasons in Canberra and came to the club as a fullback but was transformed to a rake by assistant coach David Furner.

Former Raiders teammate Rapana made an emotional eight-photo post on Instagram.

"Man I still don't want to believe it! You got me through some of the toughest times of my life! I love you my brother, Fly high u (sic) absolute legend love u (sic) forever brother," Rapana wrote.

Canberra stars Jack Wighton and Josh Papalii both responded to the post "no way".

Someone posted the following on Facebook. Not sure if it’s accurate or not.

Cronin did a weights session yesterday afternoon at his parents’ home in Brisbane before deciding to cool down with a swim in their backyard pool.
He was later discovered face down in the pool by family members.

Someone posted the following on Facebook. Not sure if it’s accurate or not.

Cronin did a weights session yesterday afternoon at his parents’ home in Brisbane before deciding to cool down with a swim in their backyard pool.
He was later discovered face down in the pool by family members.

It's right, he had a heart attack.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Broncs1459
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.