Vale Steve Folks

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Very sad news.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/steve-folkes-former-bulldogs-player-and-coach-dies-
20180227-p4z1zh.html

"The club is shocked and saddened at the news of the passing of Bulldogs legend Steve Folkes. Steve played such a major part in the history of the Bulldogs, both as a player and coach, and was without doubt one of the giants of the club," he said.
"Steve symbolised everything that the Bulldogs stand for and was respected throughout the game for his toughness and determination. He never took a backward step and was loved by the fans for his courage and commitment to the club.
"His legacy as a Bulldog and what he did for the club will never be forgotten and our hearts go out to his family and friends at this difficult time. The club asks that everyone respect the privacy of the family during this time."

yeah saw this before! rip. 59 aint exactly old, but you can't do much about heart attacks

Was at work when the news broke - a bit of a shock.

He was part of the furniture at the Bulldogs. A big loss.

RIP Steve.

Mate it's not old when you are 4 years away from it .
I'm 60 next birthday! It's real in my life having been in hospital for that very reason. Same age as Folkes. Considering he lived a healthy life from what I know it just seems totally wrong.

All you old fellas in here are giving me an existential crisis

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • bb_gun
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Midean
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.