RUMOUR Vidot also to Titans

Hodges has been a lazy trainer his whole career. Doesn't mean he doesn't get up for a game. Vidot may be 'laid back' at training, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will transfer on to the field. He certainly doesn't shy away from doing the hard yards coming out of our end.

At the end of the day he was dropped, told to work on certain aspects of his game, his reaction? Find another club, so seeya later as far as I'm concerned, yes he makes good metres, however he doesn't score tries unless they are fall over the line, and he drops the ball plenty of times for them as well, isn't safe under the high ball and is suspect in defence, does the one out weigh the many?
The information we have is conflicting, and the best we have is pointing to having been told at the start of the pre-season that he wouldn't be playing NRL at the Broncos. There is other info saying he needed to shed the extra bulk (which he apparently did), and some pointing to him looking for another NRL club, and now a Lurker article (I won't even mention the credibility of this) saying he's laidback at training...

He's by no means a top winger, but he's a much better try scorer than he's given credit for, especially when he plays on the right side. He has apparently been working hard on his bomb catching too, and looked good in the only one he needed to catch against the Tits. I don't know where this dropping ball stuff comes from, but I can't recall him doing that last season when he was pretty much starting each of our sets either...

It didn't end up hurting us, but I thought Vidot's effort in the air early in the second half against the Titans was poor and he was fortunate not to get punished for it.

I haven't really gone back to review Vidot's performance in the game but I recall there were a couple of little things he did that bugged me through out the game and it wasn't just down to that one obvious dropped ball.

In regards to last year, it's been a long while and I'm sure like with everyone else, it all runs together so it's difficult to deconstruct the causation for the negative impression but if memory serves, the Round 4 clash against the Dragons was the first time where we got an inkling that Vidot hadn't really turned a corner and was as enigmatic as ever and of course there was that clash against the Rabbitohs at ANZ where he bombed a sitter during a crucial part of the game.

Those weren't isolated moments either and I recall members like Splinter highlighting Vidot's flaws when it came to defending kicks and those claims being proven.

I will say one thing that bugs me, and you see it from time to time, when a coach makes a call on a player, it causes almost a knee-jerk reaction from the fans and suddenly the player goes from being siimply enigmatic to a full-blown dud. I understand giving the coach the benefit of the doubt and rationalising their selections but I find some people are a bit too sharp with their assessment. And that isn't really having a go at anyone on here specifically, just in general and it boggles my mind. In an ideal world, Vidot takes the message on board, kills it in the ISC and when injuries force the coaches hand, like they did, he makes a case for himself.

This whole 'Bennett was right' line bugs me because honestly, I'd rather see him proven wrong, especially when he's OUR player.

No mistakes from him today, and he worked really hard to make up for Maranta's fairly lackluster kick returns.

18 runs for 180m according to NRL Stats.

Was a solid performance from Vidot and comes as no surprise to me. He's nowhere near as bad as people keep claiming. Hopefully the haters give him some credit for once.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Harry Sack
  • Jeza23
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Astro
  • Midean
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.