NEWS Vlandys drops his guts on the Broncos

ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys shared his fragrance with Donuts and Karl Morris on Monday ahead of an ARLC board meeting on Thursday. The cheese he cut was expansion, namely a second team within Greater Brisbane. Clubs are reportedly trying to extort another $15 million a year out of the body to go along with a 17-team competition starting in 2023.

Screenhttps  prodstatic9netau fs bafb936d 4709 4579 b349 35216e75f33e

Get a whiff of this one

Broncos chair
Karl Morris is filling his lungs:

“I see great appeal in a second Brisbane team in the south-east Queensland market. The issue is: will the NRL competition be better off with a 17th team? Can the NRL afford it and is there enough quality players in the system? Will more kids in Queensland play the game if we have a second Brisbane team? They are some of the questions to be answered."

“But conceptually, I have no issue with another team in the Brisbane market. It would create a great rivalry with the Broncos.
“We have done some studies internally looking into the effects of expansion in other codes such as the AFL and we are quite confident in our brand."

Screendd56b6e9ae301a0b09caa490a31545eb

Hard to breathe in here

“We feel our rusted-on Broncos fans will stay with the club. It will take quite some time for a second Brisbane team to build their own membership base. The Broncos have built a great base over the last 30 years, so we are very comfortable with our position and we would embrace a new rivalry with another Brisbane team. Any new Brisbane team will have its challenges because the Broncos have been so dominant for so long.”

“The one thing I am appreciative of is that Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo gave us an in-depth presentation. They promised to show us the full financials in relation to expansion and a critical component is the broadcast rights. We are waiting to hear what the change in revenue numbers are and once the NRL receives that, they will present the figures to the 16 teams. If the maths work, we are off and running with expansion.”

McHunt

Why a rivalry with the Broncos though? Broncos/Cowboys is enough. Surely a rivalry with the Titans makes far more sense. Let them play against each other on Labor Day, Easter monday or RNA showday.

Morris sounds everything the News Limited shill that many of us believe him to be.

"Nah Broncos will be fine, it will be great to have more competition, even if we lose 80% of our fanbase and sponsors leave because the Broncos are deliberately being sabotaged, the fans and sponsors we have left will be, like, the good fans".

7737e450f5cc7fcb9a14f0ef2b56cfecee1740f5.gif

Perth, or Sunshine Coast/Redcliffe and not named Brisbane

This is dumb if it’s not

Perth, or Sunshine Coast/Redcliffe and not named Brisbane

This is dumb if it’s not

The bid will submit this name: Brisbane Bucks

The NRL will love it and advertise it as a totally new and original team that will not cannibalise the other Qld teams.

They will announce as their first signing targets:

CEO: David Donaughy
Coach: Wayne Bennett
Key Player Targets: JT2, Hammer, Cobbo, Haas, Willison, Mam, Campbell, Sexton and Weaver

I'd go Moreton Bay over Redcliffe/Sunshine Coast.

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins have confirmed that they won't be called Redcliffe. they're likening Redcliffe to Red Hill for us.

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins have confirmed that they won't be called Redcliffe. they're likening Redcliffe to Red Hill for us.
If Redcliffe Dolphins were successful with the NRL bid, what colour would they be?

If Redcliffe Dolphins were - successful NRL bid, what colour would they be?

not sure... they're definitely keeping the Dolphins moniker. i'm assuming they'll keep their colours as well (might just need an alternative jersey for when they play the Dragons)

not sure... they're definitely keeping the Dolphins moniker. i'm assuming they'll keep their colours as well (might just need an alternative jersey for when they play the Dragons)
Surely not? There kit is like Aldi dragons these days.

Surely not? There kit is like Aldi dragons these days.

if the Dolphins get in they'll want to keep as much of their identity as they can IMO, which is why i think they try to stick to their own colours

if the Dolphins get in they'll want to keep as much of their identity as they can IMO, which is why i think they try to stick to their own colours

The NRL will be like, you need to change your colours to similar to an important Sydney team, why don't you try yellow and dark red.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  • Scorchie
  • Lozza
  • winslow_wong
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Skyblues87
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.