NEWS Vlandys drops his guts on the Broncos

ARL Commission boss Peter V’landys shared his fragrance with Donuts and Karl Morris on Monday ahead of an ARLC board meeting on Thursday. The cheese he cut was expansion, namely a second team within Greater Brisbane. Clubs are reportedly trying to extort another $15 million a year out of the body to go along with a 17-team competition starting in 2023.

Screenhttps  prodstatic9netau fs bafb936d 4709 4579 b349 35216e75f33e

Get a whiff of this one

Broncos chair
Karl Morris is filling his lungs:

“I see great appeal in a second Brisbane team in the south-east Queensland market. The issue is: will the NRL competition be better off with a 17th team? Can the NRL afford it and is there enough quality players in the system? Will more kids in Queensland play the game if we have a second Brisbane team? They are some of the questions to be answered."

“But conceptually, I have no issue with another team in the Brisbane market. It would create a great rivalry with the Broncos.
“We have done some studies internally looking into the effects of expansion in other codes such as the AFL and we are quite confident in our brand."

Screendd56b6e9ae301a0b09caa490a31545eb

Hard to breathe in here

“We feel our rusted-on Broncos fans will stay with the club. It will take quite some time for a second Brisbane team to build their own membership base. The Broncos have built a great base over the last 30 years, so we are very comfortable with our position and we would embrace a new rivalry with another Brisbane team. Any new Brisbane team will have its challenges because the Broncos have been so dominant for so long.”

“The one thing I am appreciative of is that Peter V’landys and Andrew Abdo gave us an in-depth presentation. They promised to show us the full financials in relation to expansion and a critical component is the broadcast rights. We are waiting to hear what the change in revenue numbers are and once the NRL receives that, they will present the figures to the 16 teams. If the maths work, we are off and running with expansion.”

McHunt

The NRL will be like, you need to change your colours to similar to an important Sydney team, why don't you try yellow and dark red.
Well, I do agree they should change. Cant just have the same colour as another club.

Well, I do agree they should change. Cant just have the same colour as another club.

Roosters / Knights and Storm / Eels are practically the same, just different colour highlights and patterns. Why couldn't the Dolphins do something similar?

Roosters / Knights and Storm / Eels are practically the same, just different colour highlights and patterns. Why couldn't the Dolphins do something similar?

don't AFL teams have similar colours as well? they just have a clash jersey when needed?

don't AFL teams have similar colours as well? they just have a clash jersey when needed?

They do. North Melbourne and Geelong in fact have the same colours but different hoops - one horizontal / one vertical. Collingwood are similar but black instead of dark blue.

What? White red blue / red blue and purple gold / blue yellow

that’s a bit of a stretch.

What? White red blue / red blue and purple gold / blue yellow

that’s a bit of a stretch.

Have you not seen Newcastle's away jersey? Predominantly white. Melbourne is Purple but I believe officially blue.

Regardless, it isn't impossible if they change a shade or two and have a different jersey design, that is my point.

Have you not seen Newcastle's away jersey? Predominantly white. Melbourne is Purple but I believe officially blue.

Regardless, it isn't impossible if they change a shade or two and have a different jersey design, that is my point.
Yea so we have the same point? That they need to change their colours

Yea so we have the same point? That they need to change their colours

Well I guess so, I just don't think they need to even change it from red itself necessarily, just change the shade.

Active Now

• Locky field goal
  • Griffo
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Thelmus
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ejbroncos
  • Nerd
  • Broncos Maestro
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • achievedrap
  • Tmac
  • Galah
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.