881 runs at 125.85 from 7 games.

249 today.

To go with 101, 139, 101.

Ashes spot?

881 runs at 125.85 from 7 games.

249 today.

To go with 101, 139, 101.

Ashes spot?

How does he go in England and how old is he is the question. He has certainly earned it if he gets the gig after this summer.

Might be a chance at the team at the expense of Watson but has no chance of replacing Smith and Clarke and he would be fighting with Joe Burns as well who deserves to retain his spot in the test side. He has been a very good player over the years and played well in the shorter format.

How does he go in England and how old is he is the question. He has certainly earned it if he gets the gig after this summer.

I really think Burns will MAJORLY struggle in England, he was struggling early in his innings over here on roads, let alone on the English seaming, swinging monstrosities.

I'd be fine with giving Voges a crack at 3 though, far more reliable than Watson.

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Voges
4. Clarke (c)
5. Smith (vc)
6. Burns
7. M.Marsh
8. Haddin
9. Johnson
10. Harris
11. Hazlewood

Last seven Shield knocks:

249, 109*, 8, 101, 139*, 101, 22*.

He's backing up last year too- 769 runs at 54, averaging 78 across his last 21 innings.

Middlesex in 2013- 4 games, 383 at 56.

I really think Burns will MAJORLY struggle in England, he was struggling early in his innings over here on roads, let alone on the English seaming, swinging monstrosities.

I'd be fine with giving Voges a crack at 3 though, far more reliable than Watson.

1. Warner
2. Rogers
3. Voges
4. Clarke (c)
5. Smith (vc)
6. Burns
7. M.Marsh
8. Haddin
9. Johnson
10. Harris
11. Hazlewood

That's a very small sample size of watching him bat. He wasn't batting in his normal position and playing his first Tests, and I don't think he struggled at all. Two 50's isn't too bad from two games. Burns is excellent off the back foot which will be huge value in England.

He bats every week on the 'Gabba which is as green and hard to bat on as anything in England. He opens there as well.

Australia's two movingest pitches Brisbane and Hobart.

Brisbane 1040 runs- 183 highest score- 4 100's from 37 games at 37.
Hobart 262 runs- 5 games- HS 91 at 37.

He averages 30 for Leicestershire from 5 games over in England.

Last edited:
I'd take him and give Watson the tap on the shoulder. Bat Burns at three and MMarsh at six with Smith and Clarke/SMarsh at four and five depending on Clarke's fitness. Voges is a more than handy reserve bat for the five test series.

I'd take him and give Watson the tap on the shoulder. Bat Burns at three and MMarsh at six with Smith and Clarke/SMarsh at four and five depending on Clarke's fitness. Voges is a more than handy reserve bat for the five test series.

WI is first so he might get a run there.

That's a very small sample size of watching him bat. He wasn't batting in his normal position and playing his first Tests, and I don't think he struggled at all. Two 50's isn't too bad from two games. Burns is excellent off the back foot which will be huge value in England.

He bats every week on the 'Gabba which is as green and hard to bat on as anything in England. He opens there as well.

Australia's two movingest pitches Brisbane and Hobart.

if movingest isn't a word , it should be.

I'm not sure if averaging in the 30's at First Class level, against First Class bowling attacks is really comparable to playing against England in England.. If he averages 30 during the Ashes, I'll be impressed.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • bazza
  • broncsgoat
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.