Vossy v Hadley

Apparently it dates back to when Vossy was first starting out in radio, he was working for Hadley or something, and then there was a 'disagreement'. It's all stemmed from that.

At least, I'm pretty sure I read that in an article earlier in the year.

This one is about vossy saying something about the ray warren statue

Looks like Voss will be gone next year, which means Hadley for pretty much every game except those we play in Sydney against a top team. Not much different from this year, I guess...

This one is about vossy saying something about the ray warren statue

I know that, Browny! I was just saying that the situation seems to have been simmering for a while.

It certainly looks like Voss' position will become untenable going by the above article. I'll be devo if he leaves Nine, as once Warren retires, I really don't want to have to listen to Hadley.

Yeah sorry Ning had a kris moment. Hadley, fatty and Wally oh my!

Voss is their best caller by a mile.

I hope they come to their senses and resign him to take over when Warren falls off the perch (hopefully in the near future)

Hadley seems to fight with everyone.

THE feud between Ray Hadley and Channel 9 commentator Andrew Voss last night escalated as the pair revealed how they fell out 17 years ago.
Called a "moron" and a "grub" for mocking a statue of Ray Warren, Voss last night declared Hadley's attack was payback for walking out on 2UE 17 years ago.

But Hadley said he has refused to talk to Voss because Voss told him to "shove it" when he told him he'd never make it as a No. 1 caller.

"The reason I haven't spoken to him is that he came to my house and asked me for my opinion," Hadley said.

"I told him he was a very good No. 2 (commentator) but that I didn't view him as a No. 1. I told him he would be a No. 2 for a long time. He got up and said 'shove it'. I wasn't angry that he left the station but angry because he asked for advice but didn't like my opinion.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/n...ss-feud-revealed/story-e6frfgbo-1226111229953

I believe Voss.

Hadley had a feud with Darryl Brohman when Brohman jumped ship several years ago. (they have made up & Brohman is back working with Hadley.

Hadley had a falling out with Vautin and Peter Sterling. (We will never hear/see Sterling & Hadley calling the same game, they still hate each other)

Hadley had a falling out with Vautin and Peter Sterling. (We will never hear/see Sterling & Hadley calling the same game, they still hate each other)

Haha yes, the awkwardness between Fatty and Hadley seems to have subsided a little, but at the start of the season it was hilarious. :laugh:

All in all after one season Hadley is still shit. Vossy is a really good caller and I hate that we have to listen to Hadley each week.

That being said if Rabs retires soon and Hadley is the supposed #1 caller then I guess the NSW chumps will have to listen to him from then on while we get the "#2" caller in Vossy.

That being said if Rabs retires soon and Hadley is the supposed #1 caller then I guess the NSW chumps will have to listen to him from then on while we get the "#2" caller in Vossy.

His contract is up for renewal before the start of next season.

I don't like his chances of it getting renewed.

His contract is up for renewal before the start of next season.

I don't like his chances of it getting renewed.

Well business is business, with Rabs gone, Vossy is clearly the best caller. Who's going to be calling if he's gone along with Rabs... Fatty and Hadley? LOL.

Haha yes, the awkwardness between Fatty and Hadley seems to have subsided a little, but at the start of the season it was hilarious. :laugh:

I knew something had happened between Hadley and Vautin a few years back. Tried to research it and came up empty. I think it was an internal Manly boardroom thing.......still not sure?

Voss is a million times better than Hadley.

His loss is our loss.......is there somewhere where you can send hate mail to ch9, in particular about Ray Hadley?

If Channel 9 can him I hope Fox Sports pick him up. They can get rid of Mark Braybrook then!

But who else can they get to put those NYC referees in their place?!

I'm sure Fox Sports will pick him up if Ch 9 are stupid enough to not re-sign him, he's too good to not have a job and he actually knows the game unlike Hadley who just boringly reads what he sees...

I knew something had happened between Hadley and Vautin a few years back. Tried to research it and came up empty. I think it was an internal Manly boardroom thing.......still not sure?

Hadley blamed Vautin & Sterling when he was sacked from the Footy Show

When the Nine Network fired him from The Footy Show in 1999, he severed all contact with panel-mates Peter Sterling and “Fatty” Vautin, convinced they’d engineered his removal. That same year 2UE lost the rugby league broadcast rights to 2GB, and three of Hadley’s colleagues on the call team defected to the rival station. One of them,

John Gibbs, has remained near the top of his blacklist ever since.

To Hadley, loyalty is a black-and-white issue; breaching it usually earns his lifelong opprobrium. “Gibbs was very disloyal,” he says. “I’ve never spoken to him since, and I won’t speak to him…

Some people would think it’s a very hard way to live your life, but I’m quite comfortable with it. I don’t want those people to be part of my life, and there’s a whole range of them.” The feud with Sterling has certainly been a Herculean endeavour, given that the two men see each other nearly every week at Castle Hill golf course.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/its-us-against-the-world/story-e6frg8h6-1226050561514

Hadley blamed Vautin & Sterling when he was sacked from the Footy Show

When the Nine Network fired him from The Footy Show in 1999, he severed all contact with panel-mates Peter Sterling and “Fatty” Vautin, convinced they’d engineered his removal. That same year 2UE lost the rugby league broadcast rights to 2GB, and three of Hadley’s colleagues on the call team defected to the rival station. One of them,

John Gibbs, has remained near the top of his blacklist ever since.

To Hadley, loyalty is a black-and-white issue; breaching it usually earns his lifelong opprobrium. “Gibbs was very disloyal,” he says. “I’ve never spoken to him since, and I won’t speak to him…

Some people would think it’s a very hard way to live your life, but I’m quite comfortable with it. I don’t want those people to be part of my life, and there’s a whole range of them.” The feud with Sterling has certainly been a Herculean endeavour, given that the two men see each other nearly every week at Castle Hill golf course.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/its-us-against-the-world/story-e6frg8h6-1226050561514

Thanks Kaz. Interesting reading

All I can say is ........wow!

Hadley makes Alan Jones look like a fair and reasonable guy ......

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.