VPN

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
For some reason some websites detect the Sydney connection as being US based. I think the IP is originally from the USA hence it is detected as one, even though it's on a Sydney server.

I've had a couple of issues, usually disconnect and reconnect does the trick.

Sproj

International Rep
I'm soon off to the Great Fire Wall nation, any recommendations for which one I should use?

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
I'm soon off to the Great Fire Wall nation, any recommendations for which one I should use?
I have a family member over there. I've sent her a message to see.

China is apparently making attempts at the moment to stop VPNs being used over there.

Sproj

International Rep
I have a family member over there. I've sent her a message to see.

China is apparently making attempts at the moment to stop VPNs being used over there.
Yeah I've read this as well and that concerns me but where there is a will, there is always a way. Haha

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah I've read this as well and that concerns me but where there is a will, there is always a way. Haha
They would lose too many business customers by just blanket banning them. So I doubt they'll get away with it. They have no control over the Internet outside their country, just like stopping piracy, they're never going to win.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
She uses BetterNet. It "Works a charm, and is free!". She's been living there around 12 months and this is the one of the ones that Disney recommended to her when she moved up there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter