vs Warriors 2018 @ Suncorp

K

KickHaas

NYC Player
Jul 21, 2017
Hi, am after some advice about Suncorp/ Brisbane

I would like to take the family to see the Bro vs War match 15th of July 2018. We live in central west NSW. None of the family have been to Suncorp/ Brisbane before.

We would be looking at staying in Brisbane Saturday and Sunday night, coming there in our own vehicle (would've flown if just 2 of us but there will be 5).

If anyone could give me their advice about the following, it would be greatly appreciated.

- Where are the better areas of the stadium to get seats at?
- Where is the best place to buy the tickets?
- What would be some recommended options for close proximity accommodation? (within 5kms and preferably family/suite type room)
- Any tips about getting around Brisbane, to and from the stadium, other places nearby worth having a look at etc
-Anything else that would be helpful for the stay

wasn't sure where to put this post- mods, please move thread elsewhere if more appropriate, thanks

For the tickets, I think Ticketek is the only vendor.

On the accommodation, are you looking for something on a budget, or more for comfort?

Regarding seats... it'll be a Sunday arv game so avoid the eastern grand stand.

I believe the away bay is typically at the south eastern end if you are a warriors fan otherwise just look for a spot along the western sides. Half of the end sections stay out of the sun as well.

There aren't too many bad seats but if you start heading up the tiers look to get seats near the front.

Thanks fellas, will probably be looking more for comfort given the amount of driving I will be doing before and after, don't mind paying more for extra convenience and amenities.

Son is a warriors fan (I don't know what happened to him, he has a thing for SJ and RTS ...hopefully he gets some sense when he hits his teens).

Thanks fellas, will probably be looking more for comfort given the amount of driving I will be doing before and after, don't mind paying more for extra convenience and amenities.

Son is a warriors fan (I don't know what happened to him, he has a thing for SJ and RTS ...hopefully he gets some sense when he hits his teens).

Thanks for the info. I can't really help you in regards to advice on accommodation, but I'm sure someone can, especially now we know what you're looking for. There should be heaps of options close by.

Don't live in Brisbane, been a few times. Stay near the mall, plenty of accommodation and close to the train stations which you can get to the stadium. Plenty of stuff within walking distance of the mall. Good food in there as well.

Re accommodation, within walking distance of the stadium (it would be a good walk or you could bus it from the city for free) there is the following to check out:
Ibis Hotel - 3 Star
Mercure Hotel
Pullman Hotel
Gambaro Hotel - this would be the closest
Park Regis North Quay
Hotel Jen Brisbane
Meriton Suites Herschel Street
Abbey on Roma Apartments
Evolution Apartment Hotel

One of those might do you, if you are on a bit of a budget, the Ibis might be a good starting point.

If you have a bit of cash to spend, you can get a three bedroom apartment at Meriton Serviced Apartments in Herschel Street, which is around the corner from Roma Street and a straight walk up to Suncorp through Petrie Barracks and down Caxton Street. Sensational views from that place down the river and an easy walk across to the northern end of Southbank and West End / South Brisbane with plenty of restaurants, bars, museums etc for the kids.

That would be my choice in your position.

Are there any hotels in the Milton area? You could walk to the stadium and back again and appreciate the city along the way

Thanks everyone, appreciate it

Meriton Herschel Street looks the goods, will definitely keep the wifey happy

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.