Wallace and PJ our saviours

M

minto-man

BRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
I know its early in the season but how good is this. More direction in the last 2 games than the last 2 years.

Minto-man you don't need to explain anymore for me, I agree wholeheartedly.

lol..wait..i was meaning, why do you say that..what did you see that you went and said that!...though ok i could be asking a dumb question but i like to know other peoples points of view..even if i dont disagree

Although it's only round 2, I'd have to agree with you there, minto-man. There's less pressure on Locky now when it comes to kicking, etc, which is awesome.

i agree too. also when Wallace won the MOM tonight, i thought it was great... i can't remember a Broncos halfback winning a MOM award since since Alfie Langer retired. eusa_think

Shane Perry, 2006, Broncos vs Sharks. :mrgreen:

minto-man said:
I know its early in the season but how good is this. More direction in the last 2 games than the last 2 years.

icon_smile _woohoo_

It was an amazing game to watch. Wallace was just such a director, he actually look made Lockyer look like a true 5/8 and not a halfback. A feat which is not easily accomplished.

Definitely a true field general.

Totally agree.

The only thing i'll say about P.J is i keep wishing he would run fromdummy half abit more.

i think he only ran 1-2 in the game and only cos no one was there. There were times that he had an open lane that he needs to be confident in going himself. But his defensive work is awesome, just putting his body on the line against OMeley.

If we win the comp it will be because of them 2.

The penalties from the new boys (Sims/Clinton included) are outweighing that -v- the existing boys, but so long as they keep winning I don't care too much

What do you think should happen when Ennis comes back? Should PJ go back to his parra role or should ennis start from the bench?

Depends on who can run more at dummy half. Marsh hasnt been so he should start. plus PJ is getting clean passes away and no forward passes so having him at the start will get the Broncs rolling over em.

PJ is just everywhere on the park. Great service, great vision, tenacious defense.

Wallace has been the first one to really look comfortable in our #7 since Alf, IMO. Long may it continue.

Happy with Sims too - he puts in plenty of effort and is getting through plenty of work. All astute buys - compare the value that we're getting out of them to some of the big dollar signings we've seen in the NRL over the past eighteen months icon_thumbs_u

lets not jinx Wallace by saying he is the next Alf. but i think he can certainly be the Broncos next long term halfback

I didn't mean to compare Wallace to Alf at all - two very different players. I just meant that it looks like Wallace could well be our long term halfback. He looks comfortable, cool and composed, and still has plenty of room for improvement.

Early days yet, but the signs are indeed promising.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • HarryAllan7
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Aldo
  • Dash
  • levikaden
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Dazza 92
  • broncotville
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.