International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
180404 walters

Kevin Walters gets final shot at Broncos coaching job

October 20, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely love the bloke and what he's done for the club ever since his playing days, but some things are just never meant to be. He should have just gone for the Titans job when it was available as he may have done alright there I think. Just not cut-out for Broncos head coach, 1 or 2 rungs too high up the ladder for him.

Last edited:
I would assume also we will see JD gone from the club if he doesn’t get picked as head coach?

I would assume also we will see JD gone from the club if he doesn’t get picked as head coach?

Is a tricky one. If Siebold does accept the gig, he may want his own staff/assistant. JD is out of contract though so he will need a job somewhere (not that he will struggle to find one). He will no doubt be praying Siebold sticks with the bunnies and the job's his.

Last edited:
Is a tricky one. If Siebold does accept the gig, he may want his own staff/assistant. JD is out of contract though so he will need a job somewhere. He will no doubt be praying Siebold sticks with the bunnies.

of course he wants Seibold to stick with the bunnies ... he is chasing the Broncos job after all

Head says Madge, heart says Kevvie

In all seriousness guys, the bloke bleeds and cries maroon and yellow and you just know in his interview tomorrow he is going to give the almightiest of passionate reasons why he can take this side to the next level. He's gonna leave nothing in the tank, you just know it!

I personally am not buying it but bloody hell, I get the feeling Paul White, Karl Morris and Locky are gonna be somewhat affected emotionally by his speech!

Nobody is 'more bronco' than Kevvie (except Alfie) and could it be this aspect that gives him the most unlikeliest, yet sweetest victory of his illustrious career?

Last edited:
In all seriousness guys, the bloke bleeds and cries maroon and yellow and you just know in his interview tomorrow he is going to give the almightiest of passionate reasons why he can take this side to the next level. He's gonna leave nothing in the tank, you just know it!

I personally am not buying it but bloody hell, I get the feeling Paul White, Karl Morris and Locky are gonna be somewhat affected emotionally by his speech!

Nobody is 'more bronco' than Kevvie (except Alfie) and could it be this aspect that gives him the most unlikeliest, yet sweetest victory of his illustrious career?

Buck is more Bronco. Maybe Buck can coach. Then Wayne can be the supervisor and Buck can just say Yay or Neigh to him.

Walters: "You guys know I love the job, the media tells you that and the media tells me how to coach. I'm a media darling and Locky, you know how important the media is...plus, I really, really (starts to cry) don't want to let Billy retire, so I'll bring him with me."

Locky: "Done! You're hired."

Does Hodges have an assistant coaching job lined up if Walters gets the job?

Buck is more Bronco. Maybe Buck can coach. Then Wayne can be the supervisor and Buck can just say Yay or Neigh to him.
No matter the coach as long as Buck is tired from doing laps at the end of the game.

Walters: "You guys know I love the job, the media tells you that and the media tells me how to coach. I'm a media darling and Locky, you know how important the media is...plus, I really, really (starts to cry) don't want to let Billy retire, so I'll bring him with me."

Locky: "Done! You're hired."

Lol. But in all seriousness mate, they don't come any more passionate than Kev and could this be enough to sway the board? Him and Hodgo, that might be his strategy.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.