NEWS Walters' final shot at Broncos job

If the QRL allowed Walters to coach the Broncos and Queensland that could be helpful with recruitment. Surely the QRL want the Broncos to be successful. That's the only positive I can see here. Remember that he's also quit on us before.

I think i read that the QRL don't want a shared coach and will release him if he gets the Bronco gig

6 of them have gone on to play for Queensland and 4 for Australia, yeah ! there no names .

Did I say they were no names? They are nothing players, making up the numbers, and absolutely nothing special, and a decent coach wouldn't lose sleep over it.

You're right. Well I remember there was some issues with the team that year that looked to test Walters' fortitude on the bans. Enough to have us on here watching closely anyway.
I think Slater would've been out and Boyd at fullback... resulting in Oates on the wing. You'd think Val was next in line there.

Munster was also playing the house down as Slater's sub in Melbourne.

I seem to recall the forwards being pretty short as well with Napa likely being the replacement. He was then picked immediately the next year. Might've been Gavin Cooper's debut??

Did we also lose a center?? Because Justin O'Neill was in the team also.

I do recall us being hit pretty hard with injuries that year

You're right, Chambers suffered a long term injury before the series and wouldn't be back until around the finals. O'Neil was the best candidate for the role and was in career best form for the Cowboys.

Context is key with that Emerging Squad. Milford & Hunt were considered the best halves combination in the game, Napa seemed ready made for Origin and the perfect replacement for Myles. And Grevsmuhl was one of the better forward prospects coming through until he started acting up off the field.

I don't think the punishment themselves were ballsy, but it was just another factor Kev had to deal with that made the victory in 2017 that much sweeter.

Did I say they were no names? They are nothing players, making up the numbers, and absolutely nothing special, and a decent coach wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Not much difference! You're just speaking shit , making up numbers. You're off ya head

Not much difference! You're just speaking shit , making up numbers. You're off ya head

That might be so. But if you think the majority of those players are stars of our game, you're rewarding mediocrity.

That might be so. But if you think the majority of those players are stars of our game, you're rewarding mediocrity.

Stars yeah , super stars no ! But to say that they're making up numbers just isn't true.

Kevin Walters’ wife blows up at Broncos over marketing slogan

Tensions between Kevin Walters and Brisbane have exploded after the Broncos were sensationally accused of stealing a key slogan from the Queensland legend’s job interview to promote their new season.
Walters’ wife Narelle has labelled the club a “pack of c**ts” after discovering one of Brisbane’s new marketing slogans was identical to the title of her husband’s formal proposal to coach the Broncos.
But the Broncos hit back, insisting the motto was devised well before Walters unveiled his blueprint to replace Wayne Bennett.
bec821654883a4c96eec9b6a646a293a

One previously used slogan appears to have led to the blow up. (Alix Sweeney)
Three months ago, Walters was interviewed by the Broncos as a possible successor to Bennett, prompting the 242-game Brisbane legend to table a formal document titled “Better Never Stops”.
Walters was subsequently overlooked for his dream job as Broncos bosses opted for reigning NRL coach of the year Anthony Seibold.
But the Walters clan were left gobsmacked after seeing buses and banners across Brisbane promoting the Broncos’ 2019 season using the same three words from his formal job interview — “Better Never Stops”.
2f52aad98abe4391c3051cfd66203e25

Narelle Walters isn’t happy with the Broncos. (Twitter)
The sight of Walters’ motto heading up Brisbane’s slick new marketing push triggered outrage from Narelle, who took to social media on Monday night to blast the Broncos.
“Driving around the city today, I noticed the broncos (sic) have launched their 2019 marketing campaign. The exact theme Kevin presented in his ‘interview’,” Mrs Walters wrote in a posting on her private account.
“What’s the collective term for a group of horses/broncos? A team?
“More like a pack of c**ts.”
A Broncos spokesman scoffed at claims they plagiarised Walters’ proposal, saying the ‘Better Never Stops’ phrase was one of a number of quotes that came out of an internal club survey last June.
The Brisbane Broncos provided The Courier-Mail with a copy of documents from June last year showing staff quotes, including “Better Never Stops”.
Other quotes included: “Never hope harder than you work”; “No-one’s perfect, own your mistakes” and “Be comfortable with being uncomfortable”.
809972b6dac99c595cf82f6ee0faa7ca

Walters’ interview submission and the Broncos’ new marketing slogan.
“Those quotes — our beliefs — were then used as the basis for our new branding and marketing campaign for 2019,” Broncos communications chief Steele Tallon said.
“The interviews were done and results compiled in June last year — well after Kevin had left his role as assistant coach at the club at the start of April, and well in advance of Kevin’s interview for the head-coaching position in October.
“So we would respectfully disagree with what has been said about the issue on social media.”
Brisbane legends lashed the club last October, accusing powerbrokers of disrespecting Walters during an interview process they believed was mere window-dressing before the coronation of Seibold as Bennett’s successor.
0fae9c70eb75f3a57e044b087fee07d5

Did Anthony Seibold have a slogan too? (AAP image/John Gass)
One member of the hiring committee initially didn’t plan to attend Walters’ pitch, prompting the Maroons’ Origin coach to delay his job interview until the entire panel was available.
This latest development will drive a wider chasm between Brisbane bosses and Walters, who has ostensibly given up hope of coaching his beloved Broncos.
Walters’ three-word slogan is not revolutionary. He declined to comment but it is understood Walters was inspired by the term after inspecting the New Zealand Rugby Union set-up last year.
Legendary rugby coach Sir Graham Henry regularly preached the slogan in his quest to make the All Blacks the greatest sporting team on the planet.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/8e958bc98218ca4678b614e276c53187

still pissed he didn't get the job ...

funny thing is even if the Broncos did steal it (according to the article, the club was considering using it long before Walter interview) , It's not like it was Walters original idea ... he stole it from the All Blacks first

If she posted that on her private profile and someone leaked it, then did she really do anything wrong?

Wording in the article is ambiguous.

Smart move by the broncs. Interview someone you have no intention of giving the job so you can steal their very original slogan. Now we are unstoppable. Premiership 7 here we come! Take that Walters.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • Morkel
  • achievedrap
  • bb_gun
  • broncs30
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Cavalo
  • ell.d33
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • Spoon
  • Rah88
  • winslow_wong
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.