NEWS Walters' final shot at Broncos job

still pissed he didn't get the job ...

funny thing is even if the Broncos did steal it (according to the article, the club was considering using it long before Walter interview) , It's not like it was Walters original idea ... he stole it from the All Blacks first

Chances are someone from the club leaked it to Walters and HE stole it and went into the interview thinking he could get the job by rubbing a few knobs and making everyone think he was on the same wavelength as them and the club.

Kevvie was a great Bronco during his time playing for our club. It's a great pity his association with the club post-footy has turned out to be pretty tawdry. The longer the saga of him trying to get the coaching gig goes, the more his reputation gets tarnished. He needs to win a few comp's with another club and make them come after him.

Kevvie was a great Bronco during his time playing for our club. It's a great pity his association with the club post-footy has turned out to be pretty tawdry. The longer the saga of him trying to get the coaching gig goes, the more his reputation gets tarnished. He needs to win a few comp's with another club and make them come after him.

Yeah... I think his ability to do that is the problem...

"Driving around the city today, I noticed the broncos (sic) have launched their 2019 marketing campaign. What’s the collective term for a group of horses/broncos? A team? More like a pack of c**nts".

Well gosh Narelle, that sure escalated quickly now didn't it!

I mean to be fair, Narelle straight up admitted they got it from the 2012 GB Olympic slogan. So posting that picture without that nod is flat out disingenuous.

I think the point they are making is how tone deaf and generally inept this Broncos management is.

There's a zillion slogans you can use. If one of your 4 coaching candidates used it as the title of his tabled interview documents, better to just steer on the side of not continuing to piss off one of our greatest servants and come up with something original yourself and side step this.

Paul White hired Griffin, botched the Bellamy approach massively in public view and pissed everyone off on the coach swap saga (including Seibs). He's presided over our worst slump ever, and can't even run a marketing campaign without it blowing up.

If there is a **** in all this, it isn't Kev, IMO.

I mean to be fair, Narelle straight up admitted they got it from the 2012 GB Olympic slogan. So posting that picture without that nod is flat out disingenuous.

I think the point they are making is how tone deaf and generally inept this Broncos management is.

There's a zillion slogans you can use. If one of your 4 coaching candidates used it as the title of his tabled interview documents, better to just steer on the side of not continuing to piss off one of our greatest servants and come up with something original yourself and side step this.

Paul White hired Griffin, botched the Bellamy approach massively in public view and pissed everyone off on the coach swap saga (including Seibs). He's presided over our worst slump ever, and can't even run a marketing campaign without it blowing up.

It's a business. People seem to forget this.

Narelle apparently posted it to her closed group, someone leaked it. She regrets it, has been torn to strips over it, and is embarassed, as she herself is constantly reminding her kids not to post anything silly on social media as it will come back to bite them.

Broncos had planned to use that slogan before Kev rocked up with his printed binders.

No one at fault really, just an unfortunate situation.

Narelle apparently posted it to her closed group, someone leaked it. She regrets it, has been torn to strips over it, and is embarassed, as she herself is constantly reminding her kids not to post anything silly on social media as it will come back to bite them.

Broncos had planned to use that slogan before Kev rocked up with his printed binders.

When will people learn re social media. I have no idea how many people she is following/being followed by but it would be safe to assume that at least some would have some sort of affinity with the Broncos organisation and it was always going to get out.
Its a bit like the old email warning - never send an email while you've got the shits over something. Leave it a while and go back to it.

I agree that he botched the Bellamy signing, purely because the Broncos could afford to have thrown enough money at him to put the storm out of the picture. It was also ‘leaked’ so it wasn’t meant to be in the public view. Bellamy’s club cheating for several years is part of the reason we’re in a slump as those years coincided with Locky’s last.

Wayne, from all the evidence we have, was the main one at fault recently. He tried to be cute and play the broncos. He failed and was sacked accordingly.

Seibold is looking more and more like the right move, but only time and performances will tell.

So exactly what I suspected. I mean sure it's a little dumb to post criticism on social media at all when you're a semi-public figure but it's hardly a shit move from her. Whoever leaked it is the real **** here. If she's someone with 5000 people on her list though then it may as well have been a public post.

So exactly what I suspected. I mean sure it's a little dumb to post criticism on social media at all when you're a semi-public figure but it's hardly a shit move from her. Whoever leaked it is the real **** here. If she's someone with 5000 people on her list though then it may as well have been a public post.

A couple of hundred apparently.

Stories like this is where I hate the media. They will do everything they can to keep this 'feud" alive. Badel and co will be ringing every ex player with a profile and asking for comment then run back to the club in the hope of a juicy response.

We will be reading about this Kevvie v Broncos for a while and Kev AFAIK hasn't said anything.

He has obviously declined to comment so watch for rehashing of stories on how he missed the job, anything to keep it bubbling until they can pry a loose comment from someone.

It's an unfortunate turn of events. I think Kev would have been a good coach but Seibold is better. Club should have made a call on Bennett much sooner. Ditto for Bennett moving to Souffs. All this nastiness could have been avoided.

"Driving around the city today, I noticed the broncos (sic) have launched their 2019 marketing campaign. What’s the collective term for a group of horses/broncos? A team? More like a pack of c**nts".

Well gosh Narelle, that sure escalated quickly now didn't it!

Ahh...you can take the girl out of Ippy, but you can't take Ippy out of the girl. :D

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • Justwin
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • unnerv1ng
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Galah
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.