NEWS Walters: Milford can win it for Brisbane

The photos are not evidence of anything related to the discussion. They are photos/screenshots of a moment in time with the subjects speeds and actions not clearly discernible. Anyway, I am not discussing Boyd here.
Wow.

Not much point waiting until it's mathematically impossible to decide he needs to hone a new spine like everyone's been saying since last year.
No, not everyone is saying it, some of us understand he has to work within his means. I have no doubt, if he had the luxury of a Tedesco, Cook or Keary at his disposal, or even clones thereof, he would be honing away with all his might.
Instead he is chipping away with the likes of Flegler, Carrigan and Haas and that’s a good thing.

Last edited:
I believe he is intentionally bludging. He hasn't committed to making tackles ever and has always thought if he scored 6 tries and let in 5 then no one should be complaining. It might have been okay in the under 15s but he's still doing it. He's a maestro in attack some of the time and a poor reserve grader in defence all of the time.

gday mate .. 100% agree with that. you can see it in his facial expression a lot (all the time). He puts on a "i'm tired, its all too hard" look. he is a weak link in the chain. i thought oates had to come in but shouldnt have to. also question his to choice to go high kicks on 5th in the last few sets..(he went twice and the defender took it EASY)

oh and has boyd ever tackled any1?

kodi is the shining light at the moment.. give him full control

mcullough is throwing shit passes..and the halves are not in sync.. milford and kodi i think do not gel..on individual talent could be the most potent half 5/8 combination ever. but on form and commitment i keep kodi..bloke is trying to win games and is a champion.

Boyd is shit.. bye bye boyd

no time for patience now mr seibold. drastic measures needed

Last edited:
Err, don't understand your lack of comprehension. I stated that Boyd was aware he was playing poorly, acknowledged it and said he was working on it. Later on he was again asked about his recent form and he then said he was happier with his recent efforts as are most people. What's so hard to understand?

I completely comprehend what you’re saying but it just doesn’t make any sense because he hasn’t improved since making whatever comments you’re talking about. If anything he has regressed. So I’m missing the part where that is showing self awareness or honesty regarding his own form.

I completely comprehend what you’re saying but it just doesn’t make any sense because he hasn’t improved since making whatever comments you’re talking about. If anything he has regressed. So I’m missing the part where that is showing self awareness or honesty regarding his own form.
Omg. If you're aware of your poor form and openly acknowledge that poor form then you're showing self awareness and honesty. ****, how hard can that be to understand? Also, wtf ? Regressed ? His last two games have been very solid and certainly an improvement which anyone without a bias would plainly see. Anyway, get on with your antiBoyd agenda, don't let rationality and integrity be impediments.

gday mate .. 100% agree with that. you can see it in his facial expression a lot (all the time). He puts on a "i'm tired, its all too hard" look. he is a weak link in the chain. i thought oates had to come in but shouldnt have to. also question his to choice to go high kicks on 5th in the last few sets..(he went twice and the defender took it EASY)

oh and has boyd ever tackled any1?

kodi is the shining light at the moment.. give him full control

mcullough is throwing shit passes..and the halves are not in sync.. milford and kodi i think do not gel..on individual talent could be the most potent half 5/8 combination ever. but on form and commitment i keep kodi..bloke is trying to win games and is a champion.

Boyd is shit.. bye bye boyd

no time for patience now mr seibold. drastic measures needed
Like most other posters I agree with some of your post (first paragraph) but only partially agree with some of the rest! :happy:
Both Boyd and McCullough had better games last Sunday but you're right, they haven't been consistently good for some time. Boyd's last two games and McCullough's Canberra effort weren't too bad but previously, well mmmmmm:sake:

Omg. If you're aware of your poor form and openly acknowledge that poor form then you're showing self awareness and honesty. ****, how hard can that be to understand? Also, wtf ? Regressed ? His last two games have been very solid and certainly an improvement which anyone without a bias would plainly see. Anyway, get on with your antiBoyd agenda, don't let rationality and integrity be impediments.

Well agree to disagree. I don’t have an antiBoyd agenda. I was happy when we signed him, and I don’t think he should be dropped nor is he the biggest issue in our team, but he is in terrible form and it’s continuing from last years terrible form. His composure under the high ball is outstanding. His running game is non-existent and his defence, both positioning and tackling, is dog shit. His only flair in attack, the left sweep run and pass to Oates, is stale and predictable and teams have had no dramas shutting it down this year. He also doesn’t seem to exhibit any real leadership qualities.

Yes he acknowledged it apparently (please link to the comments you keep referring too because I remember last season he was often delusional about his form) but then he has since said he’s happy with his form without making any significant improvement. Which is where I think we don’t agree, because I don’t think he’s improved.

I believe he is intentionally bludging. He hasn't committed to making tackles ever and has always thought if he scored 6 tries and let in 5 then no one should be complaining. It might have been okay in the under 15s but he's still doing it. He's a maestro in attack some of the time and a poor reserve grader in defence all of the time.

I don't think that is correct. His defense is definitely not perfect but I would say it's no worse than the other halves. I think Kodi Nikorima might be the unfortunate casualty. I think when given the reigns Kodi is better than Anthony. I also think Kodi is a better running half. We'll see what happens if they keep losing.

Well agree to disagree. I don’t have an antiBoyd agenda. I was happy when we signed him, and I don’t think he should be dropped nor is he the biggest issue in our team, but he is in terrible form and it’s continuing from last years terrible form. His composure under the high ball is outstanding. His running game is non-existent and his defence, both positioning and tackling, is dog shit. His only flair in attack, the left sweep run and pass to Oates, is stale and predictable and teams have had no dramas shutting it down this year. He also doesn’t seem to exhibit any real leadership qualities.

Yes he acknowledged it apparently (please link to the comments you keep referring too because I remember last season he was often delusional about his form) but then he has since said he’s happy with his form without making any significant improvement. Which is where I think we don’t agree, because I don’t think he’s improved.

I think that is the nub of the issue, we have a number of players really, really out of form and apparently down on confidence a bit and unfortunately, they are some of our key players - Boyd, Milford, McCullough, Isaako, Roberts, then add to that the disruption in our middle forwards by suspension and injury, Haas, Lodge, TPJ and Lodge again and here we are.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Astro
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.