NEWS Walters renames his halves

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
After briefly trialing Brodie Croft at no.7 on Tuesday, coach Kevin Walters has reinstated the future of the Broncos Tom Dearden at halfback for today's session. Walters insists the pair are "neck and neck" to partner Anthony Milford, who appears rusted into the five-eighth role.

Tom Flegler was asked to comment:

“You’ll have to ask Kevvie. Whoever gets picked will be the man for the job. I’m sure the other person will go to Q-Cup and try their hardest. It’s really important to lay a good platform in the middle. Forwards play a massive role in winning a game. The better we can play makes the rest of the boys’ jobs a lot easier.”

“I’m now six months post-op. I had a little scare on the weekend and didn’t want to risk it in a trial so I came off. I was a bit nervous about it but there’s nothing wrong. I’m fit to play round one, there’s no dramas there. I was always going to be a bit nervous in the first few games, but once I get my confidence back after a few games I’m sure I’ll be right. You can’t hide. The best thing to do is rip in straight away. It’s going to be a good contest. You know our history with Parramatta so we’ll be looking to get one up on them. We owe them heaps.”

20a6e4416d92bf3db194d9fbc1499e94

Cosmetic injury

In other training news neither Alex Glenn nor Pat Carrigan trained due to NRL season launch commitments in Sydney. And Jordan Riki and Matt Lodge were involved in a mid-field collision sending Riki from the pitch with a shoulder "burner" only to return moments later.

McHunt

Last edited:
That cutout from Dearden has intercept, run 80 metres, step Isaako and score, all over it.

It does BUT I don't want these kids playing with fear. As long as they are trying things and not dropping their heads, I don't really care if it comes off or not.

Looks like that play went to plan.
Think it was touched by the winger, which is what you want to happen as part of your defensive line.

If that pass gets by then it's a try... although I saw the fullback trailing over as well, which is a good sign of the defensive movements

is this the mind guru KW loves at work here...?

Not sure about the delivery, but the message needs to be clear; earn the fucking jersey...

And in that regard, i support it...

is this the mind guru KW loves at work here...?

Not sure about the delivery, but the message needs to be clear; earn the fucking jersey...

And in that regard, i support it...
You mean lulling Milflord into a false sense of security, then switching Croft into 5/8th at the 11th hour?

@abashii this is an example of the type of post that engenders the reactions you have mentioned by some towards this poster.
I say he's average and I get shit on so I'm just going all out on the hype train like everybody else.

So much of that training footage is concerning.
- we still move in slow motion
- we still play really flat, which gives no time for the centre to make that catch and pass.
- no one was running lines into the gaps in the defensive line
- it was premeditated, dearden did not look up and see the winger rushing up in defence and try to put a kick behind the line for the centre and winger to chase.
- had they not dropped the ball (which most sides would not have) the winger had a free stroll to the try line. This concerned me last year, all the players would say their defence structures were solid at training but not on game day. Well it is easy to defend against shit attack.

If we look clunky running training drills that u/16 players (or less) should run smoothly we are in big trouble.

So much of that training footage is concerning.
- we still move in slow motion
- we still play really flat, which gives no time for the centre to make that catch and pass.
- no one was running lines into the gaps in the defensive line
- it was premeditated, dearden did not look up and see the winger rushing up in defence and try to put a kick behind the line for the centre and winger to chase.
- had they not dropped the ball (which most sides would not have) the winger had a free stroll to the try line. This concerned me last year, all the players would say their defence structures were solid at training but not on game day. Well it is easy to defend against shit attack.

If we look clunky running training drills that u/16 players (or less) should run smoothly we are in big trouble.
Tbf we have no idea the context of that 3 second video.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • bert_lifts
  • Battler
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.