Warriors Appreciation thread... and we hate them boo

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
We where all pissed when they stole Walsh off us but to be fair we wrongly didn't have him in our top 30 when it happened, but Kevvie owned it and let him go early for the good of his career.

When he wanted to come back home which a lot of us predicted would happen Warriors returned the favor and refused to give him to anyone but us, not to mention they really helped Arthars development when we gave him to them to help his development as we knew he would struggle for game time, came back a much better player.

I'm not big on caring about other teams but I'm not going to forget this they worked on good faith and they are definitely my second favourite team now.

We where all pissed when they stole Walsh off us but to be fair we wrongly didn't have him in our top 30 when it happened, but Kevvie owned it and let him go early for the good of his career.

When he wanted to come back home which a lot of us predicted would happen Warriors returned the favor and refused to give him to anyone but us, not to mention they really helped Arthurs development when we gave him to them to help his development as we knew he would struggle for game time, came back a much better player.

I'm not big on caring about other teams but I'm not going to forget this they worked on good faith and they are definitely my second favourite team now.
There is a reason I've got a warriors jersey

Love the Warriors. Great fans too.
Great club unlike the NSW ***** they have Tegridy.

Not to mention they took Lodge and all his wages from us when he started being a fuckwitt , feel bad about that given they ended up paying him out when he went to roosters though.

I have always had a soft spot for the Warriors but I can never thank them enough for giving us back Walshy! Everytime they aren’t playing us they are my team.

Given atleast atm Arthurs seems well ahead of Mariner as I said in the live thread would not be against giving them Mariner for game time to develop.

Given atleast atm Arthurs seems well ahead of Mariner as I said in the live thread would not be against giving them Mariner for game time to develop.
Was easier to do that when they were based in qld though. Not sure if Mariner would want to move to NZ.

As a Kiwi in Auckland I have to admit I mind them slightly less with the way this has all panned out. For the 28 years leading up to this it's been a slog tho lol.

When he wanted to come back home which a lot of us predicted would happen Warriors returned the favor and refused to give him to anyone but us, not to mention they really helped Arthurs development when we gave him to them to help his development as we knew he would struggle for game time, came back a much better player.

Yes, it occurred to me they returned Walsh and Arthars in far better condition than they received them.

Was easier to do that when they were based in qld though. Not sure if Mariner would want to move to NZ.
He is on a top 30 contract which would make it easier and the way that giving players to other teams works is they have to cancel that year for the host team and sign another contract with the ''Loaned'' team for that year meaning they can pay him a bit more to make it more attractive.

When he wanted to come back home which a lot of us predicted would happen Warriors returned the favor and refused to give him to anyone but us, not to mention they really helped Arthars development when we gave him to them to help his development as we knew he would struggle for game time, came back a much better player.

Yeah me too. I really don’t much like anyone else in the NRL (for various reasons) apart from the Broncs, but the Warriors have been fun to watch over the years with all the crazy stuff that happens to them and clearly the two clubs get along better than most. They have helped us, we have helped them when usually it seems NRL clubs wouldn’t lift a finger to assist any other club and I admire that, particularly when there is usually so much hate and jealousy directed at our club.

I look forward to our game against them more than most on the calendar, so yeah. Go the Bros! (Just not against us! 😛) 🤣

I wish we said to Oloapu that he can leave as long as he goes to the Warriors. Keep the good faith between the clubs going.
I can just imagine he would winge about that lol, still find the guy completely entitled to think he can be top 30 out of school when even Mozer had to wait a season.

That said Bulldogs paid us 500k in transfer fee to take him, hard to turn that down, even if that is a drop in the bucket for our revenue.

That said we did give them TMM, I think we done them good even though he was free to move.

He is on a top 30 contract which would make it easier and the way that giving players to other teams works is they have to cancel that year for the host team and sign another contract with the ''Loaned'' team for that year meaning they can pay him a bit more to make it more attractive.
I was meaning being so young, he might not want to move overseas away from family. But maybe money and gametime could be convincing.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.