Warriors sign another Bronco

The Warriors play for Steve Price, he doesn't play for the Warriors.

Steve Price once turned up late to training. The Warriors coaching staff adjusted their clocks accordingly.

Jebadude said:
Steve Price once turned up late to training. The Warriors coaching staff adjusted their clocks accordingly.
lmao @ all the steve price jokes.

We should make a dedicated jokes thread somewhere [eusa_clap.gi

The Rock said:
Jebadude said:

[icon_lol1.
The sharks wouldn't do that for bird now would they [icon_razz1 [icon_lol1.

I read in RLW the otherday that The Worriors bought Moon to play Halfback with Witt at 5/8. They believe he is what they are looking for in a half and i agree with them. Like someone else said before i think this is another Scott Prince Situation. Hopefully he gets treated better then he was here.

lyn said:
I read in RLW the otherday that The Worriors bought Moon to play Halfback with Witt at 5/8. They believe he is what they are looking for in a half and i agree with them. Like someone else said before i think this is another Scott Prince Situation. Hopefully he gets treated better then he was here.

'Treated better' dont you mean live up to the potential that everyone believes he has got.

The Broncos are at no fault over what happened with Moon. He has had his chance time and time again and produced nothing more than 'solid' games.
I wish him all the best in the future but not concerned at seeing the back of him.

The best thing at the time was to let Scott Prince go, i don't think too many on here would have been complaining. Prince said it himself that he needed a change.

m1c said:
The best thing at the time was to let Scott Prince go, i don't think too many on here would have been complaining. Prince said it himself that he needed a change.

Except that the decision to let him go coincided with Ben Ikin not telling anyone he was going to retire when he knew he was going to therefore the Broncos were left with no $'s to try and retain Prince.

The Rock said:
I think Prince was always going to go either way. He was fed up with the injuries (and the fact that Wayne didn't give him a good enough go at times).

I remember having big debates with Jebadude about Prince and how he thought Prince was so crap. [icon_lol1.

Haha yes those were the days. And I was right back then [icon_wink

Haha yeh I probably said that!! Sounds like something I would say [icon_lol1.

You weren't a big fan of Berrigan back then!! Wish Hammo was around to back me up!

FCB BB AKA MB said:
m1c said:

Except that the decision to let him go coincided with Ben Ikin not telling anyone he was going to retire when he knew he was going to therefore the Broncos were left with no $'s to try and retain Prince.
Yeah they let Prince go thinking they'd retain Ikin then a week later Ikin retired.

I read somewhere Wayne said it was one of the worst decisions he's made...

I was really upset when they let Prince go.. however, I didn't blame him.

I am sorry to see Moon go, I thought he had heaps of potential as a center. I would have liked to see him get more time there in the last couple of seasons.

Warriors also recently tried to sign Casey McGuire

gUt said:
I am sorry to see Moon go, I thought he had heaps of potential as a center. I would have liked to see him get more time there in the last couple of seasons.

He didnt have much potential as a center. I mean for one he doesnt even want to play there, and secondly he had a few issues there with his defense on some occasions. Definetaly had more potential as a 5/8th or lock like terry campese.

mrslong said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
m1c said:

Yeah they let Prince go thinking they'd retain Ikin then a week later Ikin retired.

I read somewhere Wayne said it was one of the worst decisions he's made...

In saying that also, however, they weren't really going to keep both Seymour and Prince. They decided to make Seymour a priority given his form at the time, and Scott's horror run with injuries. Just one of those things in football - you've got a young bloke with plenty of potential, and another talented guy who spent 85% of his time with serious injuries.

Regardless of what ANYONE now says about it, hindsight is a wonderful thing and IMO it wasn't a mistake made by WB or anyone at the club. Just one of those things. From where we were looking at the time when Prince left the club, it appeared much more likely that the guy would break another bone next year and retire from the game for good.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Aldo
  • Sproj
  • Lozza
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.