Warriors sign another Bronco

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
The Warriors continue to plunder the Broncos' top young talent with the signing of highly promising 20-year-old Joel Moon for next season, just a couple of weeks after snaring winger Denan Kemp.

Moon has been playing mainly in the centres but sees his future in the halves.

He scored a try for the Broncos last night in the win over the Tigers, having stepped into the halfback role.

There is talk Moon was the target of a number of clubs including St George-Illawarra, where Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett will be next year.

- NEWSTALK ZB

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/sto ... d=10517637

---------

They definitely look like the QLD Warriors now. Anyway Moon had lots of promise, but has failed to deliver it at the Broncos....Maybe this is a tiny sign that Hunt will be the future 5/8th and not Moon, when Lockyer goes?

Stay tuned people more to follow....well not to the Warriors but out the door.

I hope Moon gets to play 5/8th over there and plays to his potential... Good young player who has quite found his feet in the NRL just yet...

OMFG! We better sign ben teo now!

Aeetee said:

Are you referring to Boyd?

Aeetee said:

Yeah but what about anyone coming in the door????

I have never rated Moon, but I hope he doesn't turn in to the next Scott Prince

bigstim179 said:
I have never rated Moon, but I hope he doesn't turn in to the next Scott Prince

Well you don't rate lockyer so how could you possible rate moon.

Beads6 said:
Aeetee said:

From what I've over heard and spoken to people about; the hinges on the door only swing one way since Izzy was signed.

And no comment on who else is to follow.

Aeetee said:
Beads6 said:
Aeetee said:

From what I've over heard and spoken to people about; the hinges on the door only swing one way since Izzy was signed.

And no comment on who else is to follow.

Well IMO I am glad Folau is coming any club would love to have him.. But it is poor management to let so much talent walk out the door with no signings what so ever to cover them. At least we will likely get to see alot of youngster next season.

Isn't there doubt over Boyd?

Moon has never hit his straps at the Broncs - and as many have posted so far, he's a centre more than a 5/8. But under the right coach, who knows?

As for Hunt at 5/8 - I argued once that that is his best position. I'm not so sure any more.

In any case - the season is half over and we seem to be no closer to a final, settled roster for '09.

Is this a good thing for our team?

I'm disappointing we're losing Moon.

I think he will be a star for the Warriors.

meh, he should have gone to the storm 2 seasons ago. we might be talking bout him now rather than cooper cronk.

This has reeeaallly pissed me off, IMO he's starting to show what his potential is after the club kept him waiting in the wings for so long. Hopefully when Henjak takes over he will actually give our youngsters a go instead of pussyfooting around cause they might not be ready. If you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

rnabokov said:
As for Hunt at 5/8 - I argued once that that is his best position. I'm not so sure any more.

Agreed. He is one of, if not the premier fullback in the competition with premiership, state, and international experience. Clearly the effect not only on his personal game, but the team as a whole is much more positive when he's wearing the No. 1. To move him, at least for the foreseeable future, would be nothing other than wasteful in my opinion.

Which brings us to the question of where are we getting our next 5/8 from, given Lockyer's limited time left in the game. It took us an age to find a suitable 1/2 and hooker replacement, so I hope history doesn't repeat.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
rnabokov said:

Agreed. He is one of, if not the premier fullback in the competition with premiership, state, and international experience. Clearly the effect not only on his personal game, but the team as a whole is much more positive when he's wearing the No. 1. To move him, at least for the foreseeable future, would be nothing other than wasteful in my opinion.

Which brings us to the question of where are we getting our next 5/8 from, given Lockyer's limited time left in the game. It took us an age to find a suitable 1/2 and hooker replacement, so I hope history doesn't repeat.

And that really worries me - history (like bad management) always repeats itself.

Will we keep Wallace for more than 1 more season?

Ennis is gone and Marsh is just better than average.

Hmmm ....

I never eally saw him as a great replacement for Locky, but I think he was never really given a chance to prove it. The selections of Perry and Stagg in the halves and leaving moon out just set this sort of thing in motion. We just better prey that Wallace turns out to be the superstar everyone keeps talking about, oh yeah and that Henjack can coach and not just continue to send em out and see what happens.

Man what is going on!! We need to hold onto all these youngsters who are fringe first graders.

Expect Boyd to follow in the next few days, not to nz obviously but to the Saints.

Gee wiz what is going on, surely Izzy isnt on the salary of 6-7 players put together

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.