Was it really the Pies to blame?

Not sure if I've said this before on here but regarding Siebold's coaching and game tactics.. I talked with ex players with links to current players and the club last year and a few of the players would leave training sessions scratching their heads, not understanding what they were supposed to have learned or why they were doing certain things.

One of those players was Oates though so....

Not sure if I've said this before on here but regarding Siebold's coaching and game tactics.. I talked with ex players with links to current players and the club last year and a few of the players would leave training sessions scratching their heads, not understanding what they were supposed to have learned or why they were doing certain things.

One of those players was Oates though so....
This is what annoyed me about Seibs. Bloke was an education lecturer and yet couldn’t get players to understand what he was teaching them. It doesn’t matter how cool the content you’re teaching is if you can’t get players/students to understand it. He also came straight in and started trying to get the players to understand his game model from day dot - why was he not scaffolding them up to that? (something that Wayne is absolutely brilliant at.) That stuff is just arrogance and was a big reason why he failed with us.

Re: Nolan - It takes time to remove people from large companies without good reason. I'm sure it's going to happen, but Donuts can't just be like, you're done, son.

I'm hopeful like you, but I'm convinced we will have no success until Brisbane 2.0 is established in the NRL. Following that, Broncos will need to be good for the sake of the NRL. They want a spectacle and a money maker.
Yeah this. Also good management (unlike Seibold) isn't to come in and immediately stamp your authority and sack a whole bunch of people. You build up your credibility first and make the changes over a year or two.

I'm expecting a bit of staff changes over the off season.

Seibold was absolutely to blame, only a fool would argue otherwise.

That said, only that same fool would presume Seibold was the only issue in isolation and that removing him would instantly right the kind of catastrophic failure we've now endured.

Failures of this magnitude require a number of people right across the organisation failing in their roles spectacularly and that is undoubtedly the case with the Broncos.

Sadly, I doubt we've hit rock bottom just yet either.

Re: Nolan - It takes time to remove people from large companies without good reason. I'm sure it's going to happen, but Donuts can't just be like, you're done, son.

I'm hopeful like you, but I'm convinced we will have no success until Brisbane 2.0 is established in the NRL. Following that, Broncos will need to be good for the sake of the NRL. They want a spectacle and a money maker.
Does that imply the Broncos are in on it too, and will suddenly cease this "match fixing" level defence as soon as Brisbane 2 comes in?

Does that imply the Broncos are in on it too, and will suddenly cease this "match fixing" level defence as soon as Brisbane 2 comes in?
No, not necessarily. I think it will end up being a similar situation to how Penrith came good. Early 2020 the young Panthers seemed to just eke out wins on the back of strangely favourable calls. This built their confidence. Also, the Panthers were not being hammered early in games with 4 or 5 sets in a row due to phantom 6-agains that sapped their energy at the start of the game and caused this roll on effect.

Honestly, now the Broncos have to combat bad calls AND the psychology that goes along with that. Against the Roosters, the Broncos actually got most of the early calls and the Roosters had such poor handling, that the Broncos were able to get into the game. This made a huge difference in the overall scheme of the game.

I gave more reasons in many other posts, but honestly, the rule change and a young, psychologically vulnerable team, combined with questionable reffing has caused this weakness in the Broncos. Unfortunately, the additional problems with senior players being weak role models and instability in the management of the team has exacerbated the situation. Not to mention all the Media bullshit that gets piled on.

I get really shitty at the media, especially Fox. I absolutely hate Kent and Hooper, but they are all awful. They make untested kids out to be Jesus and when they have a standard game, they paste them. It is wrong and dangerous.

No, not necessarily. I think it will end up being a similar situation to how Penrith came good. Early 2020 the young Panthers seemed to just eke out wins on the back of strangely favourable calls. This built their confidence. Also, the Panthers were not being hammered early in games with 4 or 5 sets in a row due to phantom 6-agains that sapped their energy at the start of the game and caused this roll on effect.

Honestly, now the Broncos have to combat bad calls AND the psychology that goes along with that. Against the Roosters, the Broncos actually got most of the early calls and the Roosters had such poor handling, that the Broncos were able to get into the game. This made a huge difference in the overall scheme of the game.

I gave more reasons in many other posts, but honestly, the rule change and a young, psychologically vulnerable team, combined with questionable reffing has caused this weakness in the Broncos. Unfortunately, the additional problems with senior players being weak role models and instability in the management of the team has exacerbated the situation. Not to mention all the Media bullshit that gets piled on.

I get really shitty at the media, especially Fox. I absolutely hate Kent and Hooper, but they are all awful. They make untested kids out to be Jesus and when they have a standard game, they paste them. It is wrong and dangerous.
I think we completed @ 95% against Roosters also which was a bigger factor than the send offs IMO.

Interestingly when we have won a game or been within 10 points we have completed at or above 80%. Only exception is the Cows game where we completed under 70%.

I think we completed @ 95% against Roosters also which was a bigger factor than the send offs IMO.

Interestingly when we have won a game or been within 10 points we have completed at or above 80%. Only exception is the Cows game where we completed under 70%.
looking at the play by play here, we also didn't cop more than 1 penalty/6-again early. In fact, the Roosters gave away more penalties. I personally believe this shows how much impact the ref can impart early in the game, that carries through to the end.

Now go back and look at the play by plays early in 2020. We got hammered. We're still carrying that baggage.

Honestly, even if it's not intentional by the refs, there is a case to be made against this shit 6-again rule, for the sake of decent entertainment.

edit; also completions can be seen to be affected by fatigue, so a result of such reffing

looking at the play by play here, we also didn't cop more than 1 penalty/6-again early. In fact, the Roosters gave away more penalties. I personally believe this shows how much impact the ref can impart early in the game, that carries through to the end.

Now go back and look at the play by plays early in 2020. We got hammered. We're still carrying that baggage.

Honestly, even if it's not intentional by the refs, there is a case to be made against this shit 6-again rule, for the sake of decent entertainment.

edit; also completions can be seen to be affected by fatigue, so a result of such reffing
Nice work mate, yes I agree the early infringements have a massive impact on how the game plays out. I hate the rule, always have. Give me a game of tension, not this touch footy nonsense we see every week...

Seriously, does anyone want to watch 40 point floggings for 5 out of 8 games every week for a whole season? I mean if you're a storm supporter you are happy and used to winning but do you want to go to the footy or watch on TV and see a good contest or are you happy to dominate over and over again?

Reminds me of Big Bash. Superficial mass produced bullshit.

Nice work mate, yes I agree the early infringements have a massive impact on how the game plays out. I hate the rule, always have. Give me a game of tension, not this touch footy nonsense we see every week...

Seriously, does anyone want to watch 40 point floggings for 5 out of 8 games every week for a whole season? I mean if you're a storm supporter you are happy and used to winning but do you want to go to the footy or watch on TV and see a good contest or are you happy to dominate over and over again?

Reminds me of Big Bash. Superficial mass produced bullshit.
Bayern-Munich springs to mind

Apologies, forgot the context and kinda burned it into my brain that it went along with his not really trying phase of his career.

Not sure who Sean Keppie is sorry. What happened?
Keppie is a Manly Sea Eagles forward who recently had a shocker against Newcastle.

He shared this after the game.

I was as frustrated as anyone with Darius but I knew as soon as the headline was posted that the FoxSports germs were just trying to cause a stir.

Yea I think that's really one of our biggest issues. Nothing we can do about the ref's. But if we complete well, we'll win more games. The new rules (especially the fatigue impacr) favours teams a who have the ball more (compared to previous times where you could maybe defend the lack of possession).

You can’t expect Walters to fix all the issues from last year with a weaker squad this year
The draw has been shit, we haven’t had many home games (we are 2-3 at home 1-8 away) so I have no doubt the next half of the draw will be a lot better from us. They actually showed a bit of backbone in the last 20 against Canberra on the weekend when hethrington got sent
I thought it was going to be another 50 when that happened

Keppie is a Manly Sea Eagles forward who recently had a shocker against Newcastle.

He shared this after the game.

I was as frustrated as anyone with Darius but I knew as soon as the headline was posted that the FoxSports germs were just trying to cause a stir.

Yeah geez that is a disgrace.

Blame also needs to be put on the club for waiting so long to sack Seibold, not allowing his replacement as much time as possible to fix things for this year.

Active Now

• Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • ezpz
  • davidp
  • Brocko
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Midean
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Jazza
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fitzy
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.