Votes: 10 14.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Anthony Seibold

Votes: 34 50.7%
  • Michael Maguire

Votes: 14 20.9%

• Total voters
Was he given these assurances though? If so then why did he leave? I know the 'reason' was to focus on QLD but surely if you are told you are the frontrunner to take over a job you have coveted for so long you don't leave for anything.

there were also rumours that him leaving rubbed the board the wrong way, likely setting him back in his bid to take over from Bennett

If he was given any assurances I'm sure the ex-players on his bandwagon would have made it public knowledge by now, I can see him turning down the Titans job solely because he had his heart set on coaching us. I generally support the club on any signings or appointments they make as I assume they know better than me, and I would have supported signing Walters IF they had gone that way, but they didn't. Like most of us on here I'm looking very, very forward to this season and seeing what Seibold can do with us...8 days to go.

A lot of what Paul said isn't supported by facts, especially since Locky has spoken about how they are not on speaking terms. If he was upset only about a process why would he not be talking to Locky.

I am sick to fucking death of the poor Kevin Walters bullshit that the media is spinning. It's like he should have been handed the head coach because he is a top bloke, like that is all that is required to be a good coach. He is not a great coach, the evidence is there and if the Broncos appointed Seibold over him it isn't a campaign or a conspiracy it's just a good fucking decision.

What evidence? He hasn't coached first grade NRL yet.

A lot of what Paul said isn't supported by facts, especially since Locky has spoken about how they are not on speaking terms. If he was upset only about a process why would he not be talking to Locky.

I am sick to fucking death of the poor Kevin Walters bullshit that the media is spinning. It's like he should have been handed the head coach because he is a top bloke, like that is all that is required to be a good coach. He is not a great coach, the evidence is there and if the Broncos appointed Seibold over him it isn't a campaign or a conspiracy it's just a good fucking decision.

It's hard to make an evaluation on if he would be a successful NRL grade coach but at the same time if he and others(such as the media) went into this with a mentality that he was a front runner for the position they are just kidding themselves. The Broncos previously appointed two coaches within the clubs coaching ranks that had no NRL head coach experience and they both failed to deliver, the Broncos weren't going to make the same mistake and would want to be assured that whoever replaces Bennett as head coach had at least even some credibility at the NRL level as a head coach. I'm not saying Kevin isn't capable of someday taking the reigns of an NRL club as a head coach, I'm just not convinced at present he is capable of doing so.

Last edited:
The thing about Walters is that, that is at least two occasions I am aware of now where I have read his presentation and performance in an interview situation has been completely underwhelming. In 2012 he was one of the last two for the Tigers coaching job with Mick Potter and I recall reading that Potter's presentation to the Board/selection committee blew Walter's out of the water. Apparently professional v very unprofessional.

He may just suck at interviews, but if you cannot sell yourself at that stage, it is going to be difficult for him to convince someone to give him the reins at a club.

Not like Seibold was an angel. He basically denied Furner from being an NRL head coach by lying about the Broncos job if any of that is to be believed.

I can't see how you'd take WB being the bad guy in all of that, if anything I see Seibold doing a lot more wrong in that article. WB was never lying about his intentions and was upfront, Seibold was lying to his former employer about his intentions.

It's all water under a bridge now, I'm on team Seibold but I'm not going to hate on Wayne because News LTD told me to with BS biased articles and years of smear campaigns.

Not like Seibold was an angel. He basically denied Furner from being an NRL head coach by lying about the Broncos job if any of that is to be believed.

I can't see how you'd take WB being the bad guy in all of that, if anything I see Seibold doing a lot more wrong in that article. WB was never lying about his intentions and was upfront, Seibold was lying to his former employer about his intentions.

It's all water under a bridge now, I'm on team Seibold but I'm not going to hate on Wayne because News LTD told me to with BS biased articles and years of smear campaigns.

I don't want to start all this up again about Bennett so agree to disagree there, also not saying that Seibold was blameless too.

In terms of denying Furner the job at Souths, surely he did them a favour.

No second Ferner in the NRL can only ever be a good thing. Fucking wankers.

I only caught the end of the segment on Ch9’s 100% Footy with Gould last night, but did he say that Bennett has agreed to coach Penrith, but they took Cleary instead? Where does this fit in to the timeline of general fuckery?

I only caught the end of the segment on Ch9’s 100% Footy with Gould last night, but did he say that Bennett has agreed to coach Penrith, but they took Cleary instead? Where does this fit in to the timeline of general fuckery?

I was reading another thing on that situation at Penrith last night too. Gus was told Bennett was there if he wanted him, but apparently keeping their 7 was far more important than bringing in a coach that, you know, can coach well.

Yep and Gould has confirmed that. Kinda flies in the face of the whole Bennett being left without any options and kicked out the door.

Just to be clear I love Bennett, think he was smart to be organising an alternative and happy that he was doing that; I am just sick of the bullshit narrative being peddled that poor old Bennett was blindsided and only ever had plans to be here this year but was just so lucky that the Rabbitohs job opened up.

Kinda wish he got the Penrith job. Gould and Bennett working together would have been hilarious.

I'm glad he got the souths job instead. Blind freddy could coach souths to the finals, but bennett going to the panthers would have turned them into another contender, instead they signed the most overrated coach of all time who is spudding it up.

I don't want to start all this up again about Bennett so agree to disagree there, also not saying that Seibold was blameless too.

In terms of denying Furner the job at Souths, surely he did them a favour.
Oh I agree on the Furner part.

It works out for both parties in the end, I'm of the belief South's got one of the best coaches in the game and arguably the best coach for their playing group and we (I seriously hope) got the best young coach in the game for the long term.

Jury is still out on Seibold but I believe he's got the makings of a good long term coach and I just hope he wasn't a one season wonder because we've banked out future on him now.

Oh I agree on the Furner part.

It works out for both parties in the end, I'm of the belief South's got one of the best coaches in the game and arguably the best coach for their playing group and we (I seriously hope) got the best young coach in the game for the long term.

Jury is still out on Seibold but I believe he's got the makings of a good long term coach and I just hope he wasn't a one season wonder because we've banked out future on him now.
Siebs has plenty of time to prove himself. On a five year deal and they could finish dead last the next two seasons and his job would still be safe. There aren't any excuses, the Broncos have the best young up and comers in the game and if that doesn't bring a title in the next half decade, then it may never happen again in our lifetime.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.