NEWS Wayne Bennett: Darius Boyd has taken too much Broncos' blame

I’m concerned about Boyd being on our books for 2021. Surely there’s some sort of kpi he has to meet to still be playing after next season!! Thoughts?

I’m concerned about Boyd being on our books for 2021. Surely there’s some sort of kpi he has to meet to still be playing after next season!! Thoughts?
Yeah a mate of mine high up in the club told me tonight he's gotta play 15 games in 2020 to be able to play on. Keep it on the DL. Very hush hush if ya know what I mean.

Last edited:
Yeah a mate of mine high up in the club told me tonight he's gotta play 15 games in 2020 to be able to play on. Keep it on the DL. Very hush hush if ya know what I mean.
What a shocking revelation. Is your mate sure?

Thanks @Pub Steak . Would this have been agreed via a handshake , or is there some other way the club and the player can understand their obligations???

I decided approximately a month ago that I won’t watch Broncos games until Boyd isn’t in the team.
Ha ha ha, really mate? The talk about the activation clause didn't happen during telecasts! Good try old mate but no...just admit it, you haven't been paying attention and were well behind the times! It's all good though, we all love the Broncos in different ways ;)

Ha ha ha, really mate? The talk about the activation clause didn't happen during telecasts! Good try old mate but no...just admit it, you haven't been paying attention and were well behind the times! It's all good though, we all love the Broncos in different ways ;)
What nights do the Broncos play? Mainly on Friday night. I work Friday nights but I do have access to a TV for small chunks while at work. It is how it is. I didn’t know about the activation clause until yesterday.

What a shocking revelation. Is your mate sure?
Yeah he also said that apparently Milf is only on $100k per year as he pays the other 900 into pokie tax. Always hits the gamble win button and only plays the gameking machines. He's done the math and worked out that if he keeps pumping the money in he will eventually get it back.

What nights do the Broncos play? Mainly on Friday night. I work Friday nights but I do have access to a TV for small chunks while at work. It is how it is. I didn’t know about the activation clause until yesterday.

Mainly Friday nights, my troll alert is going off its tits.

In the cold light of day Wayne is right and those saying "why don't you take him" are either really dumb, or have short memories.

Wayne signed him and had the club not fired Wayne he was prepared to coach here thos year. So he was prepared totake Darius.

Now Seibs rightly is gong in a different direction but to blame Wayne is ignorant.

Last edited:
A good mate would also tell him if he thought his time has come.
Benny has had plenty of experience giving blokes the tap on the shoulder so we’ll see what happens here (if anything).
I know siebold would highly resent Benny interfering in the club now but in this situation I don’t think he would complain.
We have literally no idea about what he's said to Darius in private. You're exactly right, he does have a history of tapping blokes on the shoulder and rightly so, but it's done in private and with respect. Telling Boyd through a press conference to pack it in and retire is unprofessional even if he was still his Coach, let alone the fact he isn't his Coach anymore. It's also not good form as a close friend and confidant. I have no issue with him backing Boyd in public whatsoever. What they have or have not discussed behind the scenes though is entirely between them.

Boyd is a symbol of everything that is wrong with our club at the moment.

Loyalty to aging and underperforming is hurting the club. It was Thaiday, it's now Gillette, Macca and Boyd.

Look at the way Storm deal with players, in this case at the moment Will Chambers. That is how a professional sports team is run. It doesn't have to be inhuman, but we have gone too far the other way.

Darius Boyd
How 2019 went:Really, really bad.
Darius was once an elite fullback, but now faces an uncertain future at Red Hill after performing poorly most of the season.
He was shifted to five-eighth at the end of the year and wasn't much better there.
Boyd rated worst fullback In competition.
Source : Sportingnews.com

I have no problem with WB sticking up for Boyd and he (WB) would love to see the Broncos go another year as a disorganised rabble. However if Boyd cared one iota about the club he would accept a job in the Broncos "players mental health program" and fk off out the team so we have some free money to spend on our developing youngsters.... oh and hopefully he takes MCC and Gillette with him.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • kiwi2
  • Ozired
  • Brocko
  • Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • teampjta
  • Fozz
  • broncos4life
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Browny
  • cento
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.