NEWS Wayne Bennett: Darius Boyd has taken too much Broncos' blame

Boyd will wait to get his money which is his right but it is also the clubs right not to employee him in any capacity after he retires from playing. I think the club should permanently part ways if he sticks to his guns. The smarter decision for Boyd would be to retire and have a salary post football, which means lower tax payable over a longer period and more in his pocket. I don't think Darius will end up being that smart.

Boyd will wait to get his money which is his right but it is also the clubs right not to employee him in any capacity after he retires from playing. I think the club should permanently part ways if he sticks to his guns. The smarter decision for Boyd would be to retire and have a salary post football, which means lower tax payable over a longer period and more in his pocket. I don't think Darius will end up being that smart.
Agreed.

If he chooses to stay, pay him out. Boot him. Be done with it and not keep him around ruining the culture

Nah that's what he wants. Fuckem, make him play Q-Cup.
Yeah but my point is he's still around. Still a negative reminder of that passed failed era. Time to move on and start fresh

Yeah but my point is he's still around. Still a negative reminder of that passed failed era. Time to move on and start fresh

I know. But the Q-Cup isn't the Broncos. So it's fine, **** giving him free money.

I know. But the Q-Cup isn't the Broncos. So it's fine, **** giving him free money.
He'll still be at the club every week at training. I wouldn't want an ex manager I'd just fired coming into work every day getting in the ear of anyone who might still be close to them. Cancerous

Nah that's what he wants. Fuckem, make him play Q-Cup.

Yep, he isn't getting off that easy. If he is only in this still for the money, he can earn it just like everyone else.

I don't know if Boyd is an idiot, but he must see where this is going. He'll be playing Q-Cup as easily the highest paid player and he will be pretty much blending in, and that is assuming his coach even plays him. That is not a good look.

Yep, he isn't getting off that easy. If he is only in this still for the money, he can earn it just like everyone else.

I don't know if Boyd is an idiot, but he must see where this is going. He'll be playing Q-Cup as easily the highest paid player and he will be pretty much blending in, and that is assuming his coach even plays him. That is not a good look.

I don't know man I have a sinking feeling that he will be in our starting 13 next year. Which would be absolutely disgraceful.

I dont think Darius sticking to his contract should disadvantage him from future roles at the club. If we have a role he can fulfill after his playing days are over, and he is a good fit for that role we should employ him. Him wanting to see out the remainder of his contract should have no bearing on his future. I think it would be pretty petty, and a pretty low act by the management of Brisbane to do that kind of thing to any player. I reckon it would backfire big time.

I don't know man I have a sinking feeling that he will be in our starting 13 next year. Which would be absolutely disgraceful.

I would have agreed if it looked like Bird was leaving, but now he isn't. If we sign Croft regardless, that pushes Boyd out of even the centres, or alternatively, Seibold plays Boyd at centre over Staggs and proceeds to forfeit his credibility.

I dont think Darius sticking to his contract should disadvantage him from future roles at the club. If we have a role he can fulfill after his playing days are over, and he is a good fit for that role we should employ him. Him wanting to see out the remainder of his contract should have no bearing on his future. I think it would be pretty petty, and a pretty low act by the management of Brisbane to do that kind of thing to any player. I reckon it would backfire big time.

He should hang his head in shame after his performances this year. He's gone a year too long, and if he goes again he's actively hurting the club.

If he wants to be known as the guy just collecting his pay check, that's fine. But he will finish up just about the most despised Bronco ever. And the club doesn't owe him anything, or any position after footy. If he retires now as he should, then sure. He will deserve whatever position they give him.

I would have agreed if it looked like Bird was leaving, but now he isn't. If we sign Croft regardless, that pushes Boyd out of even the centres, or alternatively, Seibold plays Boyd at centre over Staggs and proceeds to forfeit his credibility.
How so??

If we get Croft I think we run with the below:
1. Bird
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
6. Milf
7. Croft

Dearden QCup to develop

How so??

If we get Croft I think we run with the below:
1. Bird
3. Staggs
4. Boyd
6. Milf
7. Croft

Dearden QCup to develop

Not sold on Bird at Fullback to be honest. It might work, or it might blow up in our faces. Personally as much as I expect our 2020 season to be a nothing finish in the lower part of the 8 again anyway, I still expect us to put in an effort as a club and try to make the best out of next year. To do that, I'm not sure Bird @ 1 is the answer.

If Jack wants first crack at Fullback he needs to have the best off-season and pre-season of his life, probably about 10 kilos lighter than he was this season.

If Jack wants first crack at Fullback he needs to have the best off-season and pre-season of his life, probably about 10 kilos lighter than he was this season.

Does he want a crack at fullback?

Does he want a crack at fullback?

Not sure, I assume so? The entire reason he came here was to have a more important role, I think his preference is Five-Eighth --> Fullback --> Centre

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.