Wayne Bennett related player movement discussion

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
The planets are beginning to align for super coach Wayne Bennett to return home to Brisbane next season, with Anthony Griffin to be axed unless the Broncos can secure a top-four finish.

Bennett is expected to see out this season at the Knights, but beyond that the club’s new ownership structure may mean he walks away from the final season of a four-year deal.

If Bennett does depart, there is no question Newcastle fullback Darius Boyd will also follow, meaning the Broncos could have Ben Barba, Anthony Milford and Boyd in a hot backline next season.

Sport Confidential can reveal influential figures at the Broncos have discussed the prospect of Bennett becoming head coach, or a coaching director, in which case Kevin Walters would most likely be the club’s head coach.

Griffin gone as Broncos target Bennett | NRL | Zero Tackle

Re: Darius Boyd return?

Even if he was cheap, which he won't be, where will he play? The only spot would be the left wing, and IMO Vidot is doing that job fine. Could have done with him last year, but not now.

Centre- if he wants to continue his representative career once Slater retires and Inglis goes to fullback he is going to need to be playing centre for his club team.

As has been stated, we don't really need him and i'm stuffed if i know where he'd play ???

Could this be the parting ways of the Bennett/Boyd relationship ?

Boyd could play outside hodges and move Copley to centre. Send Hoffman packing

1 Barba
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Boyd
6 Milford

I doubt Boyd would come back to play on the wing.

When Boyd is at his best he i rate him. I'd def be willing to take him back if it meant we could **** hoffman and or reed off. Tho he will always be a grub

Boyd for Hoffman would be ok. Best he could hope for is a wing spot. Id prefer copley though.

Why on earth would we need Boyd? You gotta be joking! Shouldn't even be having this discussion.

Last edited:

Why on earth would we need Boyd? You gotta be joking! Shouldn't even be having this discussion.

I actually agree. Why replace one selfish player (Hoffman) with another (Boyd)

I don't want Boyd back. If it happens though he can play where is best for the team and no where else. If that is as Milford's personal cheer girl then so be it

No thanks, that money could be better spent elsewhere.

Only circumstances I'd take him back under is - dirt cheap, happy to play in the centres or on the wing.

No way to arselicker

Hells no. i never really rated him as a player even at his best. sure he belongs in first grade but hes no were near as good as what we already will have next year. hell even hofffman moves on we drop reed and copley plays centre. i would still rather maranta on wing then boyd best thing about maranta is hes safe as houses for bombs and cross field kicks

Almost as bad as Griffin staying on as coach. Almost.

Boyd is in the same category as Hunt for me -- **** no.

Seriously, if Boyd is released/can release himself he should look at the Dogs. Good halves combo, great pack, great coach. If I were Boyd and my goal was premierships I'd be licking my lips at this prospect. Honestly, how much of a fucking chicken is he that he has to follow WB to every single club?

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Xzei
  • bb_gun
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Rah88
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • broncos4life
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • BroncosAlways
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Gaz
  • Sproj
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.