Wayne Blasts suggestion Broncos want Mitchell Pearce

I think wb has made it pretty clear whoever ends up in the spine better be spotless in both their work ethic, attitude and values as a person both on and off the field. Its a hard road to walk but it will pay off in the long run.
It doesn't mean they can't have erred in the past, only that they have shown both contrition and resolution to those errors. Lodge will have that made crystal clear, but it goes for anyone associated with the team from the captain Boyd to the lowliest under 21s player. You can make a mistake but if you don't learn the broncos is not a place to be. Pearce for all his ability, hasn't learnt, and is too much an influence on others.

I think wb has made it pretty clear whoever ends up in the spine better be spotless in both their work ethic, attitude and values as a person both on and off the field. Its a hard road to walk but it will pay off in the long run.
It doesn't mean they can't have erred in the past, only that they have shown both contrition and resolution to those errors. Lodge will have that made crystal clear, but it goes for anyone associated with the team from the captain Boyd to the lowliest under 21s player. You can make a mistake but if you don't learn the broncos is not a place to be. Pearce for all his ability, hasn't learnt, and is too much an influence on others.

I don’t think he has said they need to be morally spotless, but the can’t be a dog fucking shit ****.

I don't know why he had to bring Roberts into that?
It's like "we gave Roberts a job, we know he's a clown but he's not any any sort of leadership position so he can't hurt the culture"
I know he probably didn't mean anything bad by it, just don't understand saying something like that?

I don’t think he has said they need to be morally spotless, but the can’t be a dog fucking shit ****.
Better to have choir boys who finish last....

And I thought that we were in the business of winning stuff.

Frankly I don't give a flying **** what players do away from the paddock. I only give a shit if they can help us win a comp.

Pearce is a much better chance of doing that than Kodi...or Christ forbid, Hodgkinson...

I don't know why he had to bring Roberts into that?
It's like "we gave Roberts a job, we know he's a clown but he's not any any sort of leadership position so he can't hurt the culture"
I know he probably didn't mean anything bad by it, just don't understand saying something like that?
I agree. Strange thing to say. Wonder what Roberts thinks about these comments.

Nikorima is not a fucking starting halfback and has no control on a game and we will only crash again next season.

Nikorima is not a fucking starting halfback and has no control on a game and we will only crash again next season.
I remember talking to a lot of people a few years ago that said the same thing about Hunt... Hunt did well in the 20's and spent time on the bench in first grade before Hook threw him in when all else failed. He took his opportunity and ran with it... I still don't believe Hunt will be an elite halfback despite what his pay check suggests. Kodi has potential and ability, so I'd be happy to give him a crack.

you are the most inconsistent person i have ever seen on here ... only a couple of weeks ago you were talking up Nikorima on here and i quote:

why would we complain about having a top tier nation half.

now all of a sudden you don't think he should be halfback ... :notsureifserious:

I think its more what sort of trainer and influence he is with younger players. He might go alright himself, but leaves a bit in the tank during games, succeeding with a few football smarts. That's ok for him, but if an Oates or TPJ started following suit, would we still be so tolerant of Pearce and his "habits". Its a team sport and the players spend a lot of time together, their professional, but also their recreational time.
Put it this way, if a guy was a first grade regular, a star and was going out after training, enjoying the kind of life that you previously only saw at the end of the season, why wouldn't you try it too. Afterall everyone thinks they have the ability to "go-all-the-way" at least as youngsters but are usually naive to what it takes.
As to being a "choir boy", it depends on where and how you fit into the team. If you are a "star", getting "star" money and are apt to be the face of the team (or at least one of them), raping puppies, or pissing on sponsor reps are the kind of things, that might go against you. The reputation of players affects more than just themselves but their market value, that of their co-players and even the club itself. Look at Canberra, the Bulldogs, or the sharks. They might get the "stars" but those 3rd party deals, the Broncos have access to are on the provision of the club's (and players') reputation within the wider community.
Getting drunk or high, postseason when no one with a recording device or sample bottle is within sight is probably going to go under the radar, as long as you understand the consequences and it doesn't impede your football.

Pity. While I don't consider MP to be a star, I actually really think he would be the perfect half pairing for Milford. He plays direct, is consistent, has good size and defence, can steer a club around and can kick. Kind of everything we are lacking tbh.

What I'm now thinking is Bennett must see something great in Nikorima, I can see the potential, I really do hope he reaches it.

I agree that his on-field ability is appropriate, but the rest is toxic. The team only spends 80mins a week ‘on-field’.

Fair point. I don't know how much he has or has not grown up. You would be hopeful that people evolve but you never know.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Astro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dony Eliakim
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Bish
  • mystico
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Manofoneway
  • Lurker
  • Allo
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.