WCS - St Helens vs Sydney Roosters

I just started watching the play the balls and the commentators are right not one of them uses their foot

The mighty Peyroux, Big Pete's favourite NRL player is carving up, sign him up Wayne!

Yep, its pretty normal for the Super league to punish players like that instead of leaving it for the judiciary. Gets it over and done with and players dont have silly little things and carry over points hanging over their heads. I think its a better system than our personally.
Honestly, I think you're right. Making the penalty for foul play have a significant effect on the game at hand is likely the most effective deterrent.

That said, it was a pretty soft effort from Napa. Barely worthy of a penalty anyway.

Last edited:
Always picture these two guys when I watch games with these English commentators ...

A really bad miss by Copley on Peyroux for his second try. At least Reed got a hand on Ferguson haha!

Niko looked as good as we all expected. I hope he gets a good run at half before Pearce comes back.

Copley looked very weird in a roosters kit. So many players in other teams that I'll be cheering on this season. Niko, Coppers, Ash Taylor, Parcell.

If anyone saw the coverage after the game, wow, the poms leave Nine and Fox for dead.
They had a few interviews then crossed to some bloke with Trent Robinson in front of a monitor talking about structured plays, tactics, tries, etc for about ten minutes or more.

I doubt you'd get NRL coaches doing that during the actual season but I wish they would.

St Helens looked like shit. Nikorima was pretty goddamn awesome. Ferguson was turd at fullback.

St Helens looked like shit. Nikorima was pretty goddamn awesome. Ferguson was turd at fullback.
Pretty fair assessment. I'd say St Helens made it pretty easy for Nikorima to shine, but he looked very sharp. Having not watched much of him before, I can see what the hype is about.

Regarding Ferguson at FB, he supported well and ran hard, but he looked pretty uncomfortable. He's certainly got all the physical attributes, but I question whether he's got the brain matter to make a fist of it. Fact is, he's the best centre they have. Mitchell got the nod over Burgess, so perchance he's closer to selection (and Fergo to centre) than I'd thought.

Hopefully we give a good account of ourselves tomorrow, most press I've read indicates we're not that heavily favoured. Maybe Jayden's performance might light a fire under Kodi's ass.

I hope the Roosters play Latrell Mitchell at Fullback before too long.. Ferguson looked very uncomfortable under the high ball, and he can't pass to save his life.

1. Mitchell
2. Tupou
3. Copley
4. Ferguson
5. Kenny-Dowall
6. Nikorima
7. Hastings

Definitely what I'd be running with while Pearce is out.

Finally caught a replay after the power went out right before the second half.

It was more of the same from Sydney. A couple of flat spots tempered by some individual brilliance. I'm not sure if it was because of the mismatch or just natural talent, but the Roosters looked far more potent down their left than their right. Nikorima had the defence constantly in two minds and his combination with Guerra reminded me a lot of Milford's combination with Glenn.

I really can't fault the Roosters performance. Outside of a few anxious moments, they were 'on' and completely dominated the Saints in all facets. The problem is that a performance like that can often inflate a side, and once they're brought down to earth, they struggle to find that same form. I'm not saying anything revolutionary here, but I don't think the Chooks are out of the woods yet.

Ferguson at fullback is an obvious flaw but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Roosters struggle with Leuluai and Henderson on the field. Both looked suspect to me, with their performances being hidden by those around them.

I don't think Latrell Mitchell is ready either. If given the choice, I would go with Latrell Mitchell but I think the Roosters should go with Option C Omar Slaimankhel and let Latrell work his way into first grade. There were some great signs from Latrell, but there were a few times where I thought he physically struggled and was dominated too easily in the tackle. I think the signs of brilliance are always going to be there, but there's a few elements of his game that could be realised in the lower grades before he's given a full-time gig.

Apparently everyone on here is a Roosters fan now?

2qs4ad3.png

Run at us, scrub.

I too hope the Roosters fail dismally. Copley I want to succeed, not so much Nikorima. Ferguson is just a poor choice as a fullback. Great centre, decent winger, but not a fullback. His freakishness hides his poor handling (like an Inu that is more "on" than not) but Fullback is no place for that. You need brains at fullback. While instinct is a huge advantage, you also need to be able to think ahead and work as part of a team, and that's not Ferguson.

Ferguson just looks really uncoordinated. Still extremely dangerous when at centre, but just not made for fullback.

I agree with Cult though, **** the Roosters, hope he does play there.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • bazza
  • LittleDavey
  • Nerd
  • broncsgoat
  • Mr Fourex
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Waynesaurus
  • pennywisealfie
  • marw
  • Skyblues87
  • Aldo
  • Midean
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Tim K
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.