We need a halfback

The only reason to sign a good half would be if we wanted to try to win a premiership sooner. Dearden/SOS/Paix are too inexperienced, and I can't see Boyd being anything above mediocre there.

The only reason to sign a good half would be if we wanted to try to win a premiership sooner. Dearden/SOS/Paix are too inexperienced, and I can't see Boyd being anything above mediocre there.

Not only that but it would help fast track some of our young halves development if they were training week in week out and playing alongside someone like a Maloney. They don’t have much to learn off of at the moment especially with Kevvy not involved on our staff anymore.

Not only that but it would help fast track some of our young halves development if they were training week in week out and playing alongside someone like a Maloney. They don’t have much to learn off of at the moment especially with Kevvy not involved on our staff anymore.
They still have Locky and Alfie at the club

They still have Locky and Alfie at the club
I dont know how much locky has to do with the team (which is a massive waste) and the game has changed since alf. A lot of his plays i.e. sneaky grubber and chase would rarely work now because players would block him trying to run through the gap.

There is a reason that Maloney and Reynolds are the two halves being mentioned. They aren't or may not be wanted by their clubs. There's a reason for this and I don't know if they would be a good fit for us.

I really like the concept but please not Maloney, definitely not J Reynolds. Anyone else coming off contract next year?

Maloney would be an excellent fit but I don't think we can afford him at this stage, we need to resign Turpin and he will be getting a hefty upgrade as well as Fifita.

We just need to give what we have more game time before me make any rash decisions.

Yeah if we went for Maloney (which, I actually think is a great idea) you’d want to be spending a max of 500k and a one year contract only

Yeah if we went for Maloney (which, I actually think is a great idea) you’d want to be spending a max of 500k and a one year contract only
This is his last payday, wont be less than 750, UK probably spend 1mill or more....I agree though, if we could have him for unders it would be excellent
[automerge]1563519253[/automerge]

Last edited:
We don’t need new halfbacks; Boyd is set to keep the No.6 - it’s posted on the Courier Fail. (I don’t know how to link articles - sorry)

Genuine question because I haven't followed his career, but what young halves has he left behind better off for playing beside him?

Genuine question because I haven't followed his career, but what young halves has he left behind better off for playing beside him?

He has had a huge impact on Cleary’s development at club and origin level by taking control of games and letting Cleary chime in as required. Did a similar job with Chad Townsend.

Also played alongside Mitchell Pearce who has matured into the game managing half he is today but wouldn’t put all that down to Maloney as Pearce was brought into a good system at the Roosters but he would have learnt a fair bit from Maloney during their time together. Also combined well with SJ during his time at the Warriors and SJ hasn’t really been the same caliber of player game management wise playing alongside other halves.

Maloney is great at taking the heat off of his halves partner by being the dominant experienced half and is an experienced big game player. Fits the bill of what we need short term wise whilst we continue to develop our halves and success has followed him
where ever he has played. Started his career at Melbourne in a successful system during their title winning year in 2009 then helped the inconsistent Warriors into the 2011 GF. Won a comp with the Roosters and Cronulla and has helped the Panthers
Into the finals and might go far this year on current form. He also was one of the main reasons NSW have gone back to back. People like to bag his defense but it is no worse than what Milford’s defense was at 6.

9: Turpin/Seggy
7: Dearden/SOS
6: Milf/SOS

Solved.

Fifita being chased by Storm
Are they resigned to losing Tino??

They chased Fifi when they picked up Tino in the first place... surely Broncos have money hanging around to lock up Fifi

We made Fifita a origin player surely he shows some loyalty.
Happy to give him good coin, it will be worth it

Active Now

• marw
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.