PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
Badel trying to bring back the "nepotism" line of thinking after the vast majority of fans have put that thinking out of their minds

Badel trying to bring back the "nepotism" line of thinking after the vast majority of fans have put that thinking out of their minds
Wasn't Badel who asked that question in the press conference.

Wasn't Badel who asked that question in the press conference.

so what you're actually saying is that Badel is taking credit for someone else's work ... yeah, fair call

so what you're actually saying is that Badel is taking credit for someone else's work ... yeah, fair call
Literally what the **** are you on about. Watch the press conference.

read his article
You mean the quotes from Walters? Are you saying he stole them and tricked you into clicking the article and then you had to come here and bleat about your vagina leaking sand all over your frilly panties?

Honestly, I can't understand why you blokes are leaking sand. You're carrying on like they're teasing your mum about being a hooker. The story is fine.

Think that is where we differ, I think it's terrible. You could get a Year 12 to write it, he has all the resources in the world and goes to training and rumours and terrible innuendo is all he produces. He should be writing double page analysis and offering insight.

Isn't that what he went to uni to be able to produce?

Unless that halfback is Bronson Xerri's doctor, I can't imagine it'll help him much.
Slow, too scared to run. I hope he's not here in 2023 unless it's minimum wage. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at the Dolphins.

Man I used to think you were an alright fella 😔

Think that is where we differ, I think it's terrible. You could get a Year 12 to write it, he has all the resources in the world and goes to training and rumours and terrible innuendo is all he produces. He should be writing double page analysis and offering insight.

Isn't that what he went to uni to be able to produce?
**** sake. It's the Courier Mail. It's the sport pages. And it's Rugby League. The base conversation this season is we have a new halfback. Who are we going to pair with him? The conversation about his son being a candidate is a water cooler meme that's barely even hit beyond the most diehard fans like us.

Every member of this board was bagging the **** out of Billy before the first trial and most were aghast he might bring in his son, who hasn't exactly come with his own brand. As for nepotism being a dirty word, you're talking about a coach who already has two brothers on the payroll. It's a legitimate, and very very common narrative right now. Not everyone has watched every ball of every game. 90% of fans will not even have watched the trials.

As for what Badel has written. He's said the opposite of what @Foordy said. Which is typical of that guy. He distorts everything. Kind of what he accuses journalists of doing. No exactly.

Badel has turned up to the press conference, taken Kevvie's quotes and padded them with context. It's bread and butter reporting. Here is all he's written. It's **** all:

"There is a view Billy has to perform even better than expected to justify his place at the Broncos, but Walters hit out at talk of a father-son bias, insisting family ties will not creep into the selection room."
The subs have rewritten the heading and lede several times:

ScreenScreenshot 2022 02 24 at 08 11 11 Broncos Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

As for Badel being a shit writer. Big deal. The Courier Mail is staffed by shit writers. It's a low tier rag aimed at the barely literate. Badel almost exclusively covers the Broncos, whose fanbase isn't the exactly the Algonquin Round Table. You're talking about a paper with Mike O'Connor and Peter Gleeson pipelining their opinions from between their arsecheeks.

**** sake. It's the Courier Mail. It's the sport pages. And it's Rugby League. The base conversation this season is we have a new halfback. Who are we going to pair with him? The conversation about his son being a candidate is a water cooler meme that's barely even hit beyond the most diehard fans like us.

Every member of this board was bagging the **** out of Billy before the first trial and most were aghast he might bring in his son, who hasn't exactly come with his own brand. As for nepotism being a dirty word, you're talking about a coach who already has two brothers on the payroll. It's a legitimate, and very very common narrative right now. Not everyone has watched every ball of every game. 90% of fans will not even have watched the trials.

As for what Badel has written. He's said the opposite of what @Foordy said. Which is typical of that ****. He distorts everything. Kind of what he accuses journalists of doing. No exactly.

Badel has turned up to the press conference, taken Kevvie's quotes and padded them with context. It's bread and butter reporting. Here is all he's written. It's **** all:

"There is a view Billy has to perform even better than expected to justify his place at the Broncos, but Walters hit out at talk of a father-son bias, insisting family ties will not creep into the selection room."
The subs have rewritten the heading and lede several times:

View attachment 16912

As for Badel being a shit writer. Big deal. The Courier Mail is staffed by shit writers. It's a low tier rag aimed at the barely literate. Badel almost exclusively covers the Broncos, whose fanbase isn't the exactly the Algonquin Round Table. You're talking about a paper with Mike O'Connor and Peter Gleeson pipelining their opinions from between their arsecheeks.

You know an awful lot about the Courier, Pete.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • mystico
  • BroncosAlways
  • lynx000
  • Stix
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • whykickamoocow
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.