PLAYER Billy Walters

What role should Billy Walters play?

• Total voters
some people's opinion varies on that.

if it is a popular signing then they believe Ikin's responsible

if they hate the signing then they believe Kev is responsible
He would have a say, and so would Ikin, DD and Walters worked together to get Reynolds. Walters isn't out there signing family members without it being approved by people much smarter than himself.

We'll find out when his contract is announced. Personally I'm happy to give Walters another year based on his performances and I was satisfied with the Walters/Paix combination when it was fully fit.
Nashtradamus warned us this would happen:

He would have a say, and so would Ikin, DD and Walters worked together to get Reynolds. Walters isn't out there signing family members without it being approved by people much smarter than himself.

absolutely.

the coach would get a say in signing and I can't see any recruitment team signing a player that the coach doesn't want.

but i also think that there would be very few coaches left in the game that have the sort of power Bennett had with regards to recruitment/retention.

We were pursuing him before ikin or dd got to the club. Billy is kevvie’s signing.
Oh yeah. 2021. The year Kevin Walters was CEO, Head of Football, Head Coach, Halfback and captain of the Brisbane Broncos because nobody else worked there...

We were pursuing him before ikin or dd got to the club. Billy is kevvie’s signing.
We had people in those roles before Ikin and DD arrived.
No doubt we've had our eye on Billy from the second he was born. We were just waiting for his value to drop low enough we could afford him. It was a complete coincidence his father was the incoming coach, and his Uncle the head of bus tickets.

Speaking of which, can anyone confirm the rumour that a Kerrod Walters has been interviewed for the assistant coach vacancy?

We had people in those roles before Ikin and DD arrived.
They already had one foot out the door though. i remember possibly kevvie himself said that he was doing a few people’s jobs when he first got here and he was quite relieved when ikin started working.

Even if he was 100% Kev's signing (unlikely, but for argument's sake, let's say he was) ...

he is now off contract and DD, Ikin and Scanlan have been in their current roles for at least 18 months. yet the reports are we are looking to make an offer of a 2 year contract to Billy. so all 3 of these guys must approve of the signing

Nashtradamus warned us this would happen:

Pfft....a quote from Nashy

WTF does he know..........

The Rock Reaction GIF by WWE

With Smoothy and probably Plath (rumour) signing they are building some good competition.

Although I expect BW to be resigned, I would not be that surprised if he was not

Smoothy would likely be in front of him and Plath, Mozer and Paix around may be enough to round out the Hooker position without BW

DP

With Smoothy and probably Plath (rumour) signing they are building some good competition.

Although I expect BW to be resigned, I would not be that surprised if he was not

Smoothy would likely be in front of him and Plath, Mozer and Paix around may be enough to round out the Hooker position without BW

DP
I’m hoping Smoothy starts next year with Paix at 14. Firstly I haven’t heard of the Plath rumour, secondly, if true it will 100% be a train and trial deal meaning any top 30 hooker is above him, thirdly, he is a halfback not a hooker so everything before this becomes irrelevant.

Not just aimed at you DP it’s aimed at a lot of people but why are people so desperate to get rid of Billy? Like he deserved every minute of nrl he played this season. Every minute he played this year was entirely deserved. I have said it time and time again he was the most well rounded hooker. I seriously challenge any of you to go find a player as cheap as him who can cover 6,7,9&14 as well as he can. We went 7 straight from when he started at 9. Is he amazing No. Do I want him to be our hooker next year, NO. But do I want him in the squad at his price. **** Yes, and I won’t think twice about it. Kev has done very little to suggest that Billy is being selected based off nepotism considering alternatives. Get a grip.

Is there any word on Billie's contract? We're made 2 solid signings in our spine back up so I believe we shouldn't offer him a new contract. Billy isn't NRL standard and he shouldn't be at the club next year.

Is there any word on Billie's contract? We're made 2 solid signings in our spine back up so I believe we shouldn't offer him a new contract. Billy isn't NRL standard and he shouldn't be at the club next year.
Assuming Mozer is now on a top 30 contract we will have 3 Hookers, but that said Mozer is not NRL ready at all yet so signing Billy is not a bad idea, especially since we lost 3 backup half options(Gamble, Kelly and Roberts), even if you buy McHunts story telling he would be fine as a depth option signing on a 1 year contract.

Some people just can't see past the fact that he's the coaches kid, they don't even want to entertain the possibility.

He had a good season and has earned his spot in the 17. Prior to arriving at the club he had barely punched out a full season in the NRL, who knows, maybe there's a bit of improvement in him. He did have a pretty bad knee injury at the Tigers.

Some people just can't see past the fact that he's the coaches kid, they don't even want to entertain the possibility.

He had a good season and has earned his spot in the 17. Prior to arriving at the club he had barely punched out a full season in the NRL, who knows, maybe there's a bit of improvement in him. He did have a pretty bad knee injury at the Tigers.
Did he have a good season? It was ok, not sure about good. He missed the most tackles in the team

Active Now

• Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.