Anthony Milford Discussion

Damn people are still super sensitive about the weight comments? Get over it, he's a professional athlete, people critiquing his body comes part and parcel with that. Go project your personal struggles elsewhere peeps.

Great game from Milf tonight, still lacked a little bit of that lightning speed, but you could tell his footwork and ball playing was back up to scratch, hopefully he keeps building on it.

Damn people are still super sensitive about the weight comments? Get over it, he's a professional athlete, people critiquing his body comes part and parcel with that. Go project your personal struggles elsewhere peeps.

please can't you tell this has turned in to a big joke around here with his weight increasing every time someone mentions it ...

lighten up ... we won, it's going to be a good weekend

Very good signs. He needs to build on this game. We need a few more teams with "old men showering" defence to get his confidence even more up.

This coming from someone complaining about the jokes...

Jokes are usually things that are told once and are funny, this one is well past it's due by date. We get it guys, Milford is fat, but he's not THAT fat.. haha, really funny :^)

Jokes are usually things that are told once and are funny, this one is well past it's due by date. We get it guys, Milford is fat, but he's not THAT fat.. haha, really funny :^)

Of course he isn't that fat. He is even fatter. 150kg's overweight the fat fucker.

He's so fat, when he falls over he rocks himself to sleep trying to get up.

giphy.gif

Fucking better, now take this form and run with it. Emphasis on RUN.

Smashed Bitch Pearce. I hate Pearce. When he runs to the line he has this arm movement that makes it look like he's trying to push the air round him backwards, like when someone swims, in order to go faster. It doesn't help. He is slower than he looks. And deserves to be smashed by the smallest person ever to weigh 133kgs.

The biggest problem for Milford, is that his best attribute, running in broken play, is not utilized enough.

And the reason this is the case is because he is playing at 5/8, he needs to change positions, put Darius on the wing
and Milford to Fullback. He would be deadly with kick returns, better than Boyd who gets rag dolled every-time he runs the ball back.

What are the main things you want from your 5/8? Let me list a few and see if Milford ticks those boxes -

Ability to create time (The most important attribute of a 5/8 IMO) - No
Ability to throw long cut out passes - No
Ability to chip and chase - Yes - but he does not do it often enough
Ability to steer the forwards and exploit weaknesses in the other teams defense thinking 2 or 3 plays ahead - No
Ability to snap a field goal - No
Ability to gel with the halfback - No
Ability to make important tackles - lately, No
Leadership qualities on the field - No
Fitness at his peak - No
Beat the first tackle or side-step a player to make a line break - Yes
Put the other team on the back foot in broken play in attack - Most definitely Yes
Remain positive and been seen to be trying his guts out week in week out - No

That to me are Milfords strengths and weaknesses, unless he has a dominant halfback that would compliment and improve his game, I think he is being wasted at 5/8 and instead of missing 6 tackles as 5/8, I would rather see him miss 6 tackles as fullback or Centre because of his step and his speed, he can beat the first man more often than not if he has space but at 5/8, he is jammed up in defence and struggles. Only when the other team is on the back foot in broken play does he seem to find his way, it's time to face facts, that he will always be at best an ordinary 5/8 but given a new position without the pressure of being the pivotal player in the team I think he would relax more and find more attacking options and exploit them and his confidence will grow and his game will improve.

As I said earlier in this thread, when you look at the great halves we have been blessed with over the last 25 or so years, in the future no one will ever speak of the Hunt/Milford halves pairing as it has been a failure from the get go, even in 2015 I think our forwards and Hodges got us to where we were more so than Milford and Hunt.

I hope he re-signs with a contract for 2 years with an option for either side after one year and change his position, spending more than 750K on him to me is not value, on another note, Hunt has pulled off the biggest signing coup in RL history at 26 he is not a Rep player and has jagged one of the biggest deals ever.

The Dragons have paid the equivalent of $100 for a big mac deal when it comes to Hunt, but this thread is about Milford so I guess I am allowed to use a Hamburger analogy. :ninja:
The bold part is all I read. After that I figured you couldn't possibly make sense. I will forever wonder if that was the case because I will never read another thing you post. Boyd to the wing? Are you fucking high? Seriously. If there is an award for worst post of the year, this wins in. Nobody could beat it. Nobody. Ever.

I thought Milford went up a gear when Hunt went off.

He has played very well tonight. This should be a good boost for his confidence.
At the game it really looked to be the opposite. He seemed less involved and kicked early for no reason. I think he was literally going for repeat sets instead of tries. He played well tonight though. I'm very happy and I won't give him shit on here for at least 3 days.

If Milford can replicate his first half even 8 out of every 10 games wrap him up on $1.2M.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Browny
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • The Don
  • NSW stables
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Financeguy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.