Anthony Milford Discussion

I don't think our coaching staff are that ambitious to try different things mid game.

Before the game and they didn't seem to have an issue with giving Milford a license to roam.

Mind you, I believe a better solution would have been to test Sydney out in other areas and taken a more balanced approach. That isn't what lost them the game though...

Before the game and they didn't seem to have an issue with giving Milford a license to roam.

Mind you, I believe a better solution would have been to test Sydney out in other areas and taken a more balanced approach. That isn't what lost them the game though...

It's the lack of intensity in the opening exchanges for both halves. What's happened to the famous Wayne Bennett steely defence... it's there in patches but it only comes on after a team has scored 2 tries on us.

Milford won't be the first great Broncos player to have a sub-par game in the finals. So much chopping and changing and the entire gameplan was devoted to the otherside of the field and exploiting the defence of Keary & Matterson. Perhaps Marshall and Milford should have swapped sides?
You know what I don't think it's the crasiest thing for milf to play right side. I think milf looks the best when he plays both sides, which he didn't tonight, but I think milf looks more a right side half.

A lot of his good plays are on the right side; his try against the drags, his inside ball to Kahu against Sharks?? he likes to skip across to his right side and it's not like the left is killing it (outside of Moga doing it with space in front of him)... it would also suit him as a right foot kicker.

My thinking is still milf and Knik as halves pairing 2018 as I think milf definitely has it in him to be a dominant half and I think the only thing missing is a full fledged dominant LONG kicking game... his short kicking game is producing a lot of repeat sets.

Those length of field tries particularly the one off the kickoff gives me goosebumps still. And how good were those jerseys. And Milford speed!

This might just be the desire to live in the nostalgia of the past, but can we please just make that our regular home jersey. Wish we played the GF in that kit.

Every time I see a 2015 replay I spot Hodges and get depressed. Feels like he's been retired forever but it's not even 2 years. He's what we're missing. Used to just grab the Broncos by the scruff and drag them to victory on sheer willpower.

Hodges was such a clutch player. We really haven't had anyone since who's a genuine clutch player, after Lockyer left we could always rely on him in the clutch moments. Do we have a player now who can pull us out of tough games?

Hodges was such a clutch player. We really haven't had anyone since who's a genuine clutch player, after Lockyer left we could always rely on him in the clutch moments. Do we have a player now who can pull us out of tough games?

We have players that can, but not consistently.

Milford and Boyd have both shown they can be clutch players, but they aren't able to do it as much as Hodgo or Locky did.

Even Niko has shown he can do it. Maybe he might be a player that could start doing that consistently. The pressure doesn't seem to get to him.

Not one. Thaiday has basically clocked off and Boyd doesn't have the right sort of attitude.

Active Now

• Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.