Anthony Milford Discussion

Every time I see a 2015 replay I spot Hodges and get depressed. Feels like he's been retired forever but it's not even 2 years. He's what we're missing. Used to just grab the Broncos by the scruff and drag them to victory on sheer willpower.

with his sledging and mongrel too. Must have really mind fucked a lot of opposition players.

with his sledging and mongrel too. Must have really mind fucked a lot of opposition players.

He just wasn't scared to get in there and do something. He'd shove blokes out of the way to get a touch and then do something brilliant. I see a lot of walking on eggshells in this team. Communication still seems to be a major problem. But it's still the errors, straight up, that are fucking us. Take the silly unforced errors out of our game and I think we win against the Roosters and I think Milf gets more involved as a support player.

The closest thing we have to Gangsta here is @ningnangnong. All that bippidy boppity negro music.

He think he was more meaning your 'Bobby Brown' in terms of; who is the guy that is going to get you addicted to drugs, verbally and physically abuse you, mentally destroy, ruin your career and eventually lead to your overall destruction?

Can we take every little step to get this back on topic?

Has Milford had a good post-season game since the Grand Final? My memory of the Titans game is foggy but he was awful against the Cowboys last year and he was below average against the Roosters.

Has Milford had a good post-season game since the Grand Final? My memory of the Titans game is foggy but he was awful against the Cowboys last year and he was below average against the Roosters.

I thought he was good against the Titans.

Excellent.

He think he was more meaning your 'Bobby Brown' in terms of; who is the guy that is going to get you addicted to drugs, verbally and physically abuse you, mentally destroy, ruin your career and eventually lead to your overall destruction?

Oooohhhh. Well my Bobby Brown is clearly just me. Ah don't need no maaan to do dat to me, I can do it for mah self * wiggles head side to side *.

Oh and Milford hasn't improved greatly since he came to us. The difference has been the opportunities presented to him by his teammates and by the opposition defences.

He needs to put in for defence. Milford isn't built like a tank, but when he puts in defensively, it almost always flows on to his attack. I think he switches off at times and the game just flows by. Renouf was bit like that but renouf was a centre.
As a 5/8 or half and leading half at that, he needs to be constantly in the game. Even when he doesn't have the ball, his mind should be on the game and what needs to happen that tackle, the next one, and the set after.
He should be reading each play to know what his team (not just him) needs to do, either to set up for scoring or play for time if the team is tired (something we almost never do to our detriment).

He needs to put in for defence. Milford isn't built like a tank, but when he puts in defensively, it almost always flows on to his attack. I think he switches off at times and the game just flows by. Renouf was bit like that but renouf was a centre.
As a 5/8 or half and leading half at that, he needs to be constantly in the game. Even when he doesn't have the ball, his mind should be on the game and what needs to happen that tackle, the next one, and the set after.
He should be reading each play to know what his team (not just him) needs to do, either to set up for scoring or play for time if the team is tired (something we almost never do to our detriment).

I think he also runs it himself too much too early in the game. To settle himself and the game in general he should either be passing short to Glenn or out to moga to do the early hack work. As the game wears out a bit then he should be taking on the line more with his footwork.

Excellent point. I guess he's trying too hard to make things happen and then loses confidence when it doesn't.
You'd think between Lockyer, Langer, bennet and demitrou, they would have directed him to use his support players more. Perhaps the problem stems from him lacking the self confidence to direct those players, especially when things are going against the team. He doesn't seem to do so and relies on them reading his plays. He's gifted enough that at those times his self-determination and skill can see him create something from nothing, but its usually a jink or a brilliant pass to players running the back line.

He's struggling because of contract negotiations, he's injured, he's intimidated by Benji, he's getting terrible service from dummy half.. The last 14 games of 2016, the start of this season, the end of this season. When does he start earning this million dollar contract?

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Dee
  • Xzei
  • The True King
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Financeguy
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.