Anthony Milford Discussion

I think logic would dictate that Oates was our most likely to score because he actually did. Alas, where did these half breaks get us? How would he feel if he only got half his million dollar contract?
I know nothing about soccer but almost because I know nothing about soccer when I watch soccer I know that Messi is the best on the field. It takes away my bias and massive expectations but highlights how much a step ahead he is from the others. My mrs is Brazilian, she has watched 2 nrl games (2015 gf and tonight) and still doesn't know the rules. Tonight she said "woah, that number 6 is good aye?! Is he your favourite?" (He's not actually). Benji wasn't great tonight, there's no hiding it. He wasn't great last week either. The fact is he still has great moments in him but he's past it as an 80 minute player. Great moments are great but he makes too many "what the hell" moments and you're crazy if you think Melbourne won't capatalize on them

He's struggling because of contract negotiations, he's injured, he's intimidated by Benji, he's getting terrible service from dummy half.. The last 14 games of 2016, the start of this season, the end of this season. When does he start earning this million dollar contract?

You try playing with a bung shoulder.

I know nothing about soccer but almost because I know nothing about soccer when I watch soccer I know that Messi is the best on the field. It takes away my bias and massive expectations but highlights how much a step ahead he is from the others. My mrs is Brazilian, she has watched 2 nrl games (2015 gf and tonight) and still doesn't know the rules. Tonight she said "woah, that number 6 is good aye?! Is he your favourite?" (He's not actually). Benji wasn't great tonight, there's no hiding it. He wasn't great last week either. The fact is he still has great moments in him but he's past it as an 80 minute player. Great moments are great but he makes too many "what the hell" moments and you're crazy if you think Melbourne won't capatalize on them
With all due respect to your Brazilian misses, she was wrong. Milford was not the best player out there.

The bolded part is what should have been said at the beginning. Not handing Milford a free pass because his halves partner wasn't good as well.

You try playing with a bung shoulder.
Hey look, another excuse. From what has been said, he can't feel his shoulder at all. So it's not a problem. His hop, skip and jump routine isn't doing anything anymore. Did he do anything that directly led to anything worthwhile tonight?

With all due respect to your Brazilian misses, she was wrong. Milford was not the best player out there.

The bolded part is what should have been said at the beginning. Not handing Milford a free pass because his halves partner wasn't good as well.

Milf was the best in the 15 GF...

He had their edge and middle d scrambling all night because of his useless moves, as you term it.

What do you expect from him? Trick shots and hattricks every game?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's only natural that people are giving Milford the benefit of the doubt, because we've seen what he can do when he's on.

As much as you were just taking the piss @Cult3, hopefully it is actually just a culmination of all of those factors this season that have caused his reduction in impact. I'm still confident in him recapturing his best form, needs to get his shoulder sorted in the off-season and come back bigger and better than ever in 2018. (Figuratively, ideally I want him coming back smaller and better than ever :p)

Milf was the best in the 15 GF...
I agree and I think he's had a few good games this year. Needs to do more. Our attack looks like it has no idea. He's either a million dollar half who controls games or a 600k ball runner.

Haha normally it's me that's in the wrong so I'm happy with that. But seriously, I am not making excuses for Milford AT ALL. But andrew johns, Darren Lockyer, Cameron smith and Alfie weren't million dollar players every game, or even every season. He's going through a dip in form but is still among the best in the business. Class players have a small gap between their worst and best performances, and from what I've seen that is closing despite the form dip. Especially if you are claiming tonight is a poor performance. He was the best of the 4 halves on the field...

Haha normally it's me that's in the wrong so I'm happy with that. But seriously, I am not making excuses for Milford AT ALL. But andrew johns, Darren Lockyer, Cameron smith and Alfie weren't million dollar players every game, or even every season. He's going through a dip in form but is still among the best in the business. Class players have a small gap between their worst and best performances, and from what I've seen that is closing despite the form dip. Especially if you are claiming tonight is a poor performance. He was the best of the 4 halves on the field...
Dip in form? I suggest you go back and watch his last half of 2016 and the beginning of this season.

It's only natural that people are giving Milford the benefit of the doubt, because we've seen what he can do when he's on.

As much as you were just taking the piss @Cult3, hopefully it is actually just a culmination of all of those factors this season that have caused his reduction in impact. I'm still confident in him recapturing his best form, needs to get his shoulder sorted in the off-season and come back bigger and better than ever in 2018. (Figuratively, ideally I want him coming back smaller and better than ever :p)
My issue is that over the past two seasons he has been off more often than he has been on. He needs to do more.

Not to mention a tough little fucker - got creamed twice by his own team-mates, once directly into his fucked shoulder and still kept taking runs and making tackles.

My issue is that over the past two seasons he has been off more often than he has been on. He needs to do more.

Absolutely, I think he knows that as well. You can tell when he's playing his best footy because he's got a smile on his face and having a blast, we haven't seen a lot of that over the last 18 months.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.