pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=17684

Webcke quits as Broncos assistant
Written by: Matt Mitchell
Apr 6, 2009 1:03pm

Former Test and State of Origin hardman Shane Webcke has quit his role as Broncos assistant coach.

Webcke issued a statement today saying that the release of his controversial book - in which he is highly critical of the Broncos and some players - left him with no option but to resign from the position.

“It is with sincere regret that I today resign from the position of assistant coach with the Brisbane Broncos,'' Webcke said.

“It is a position that I have cherished, however in light of my actions surrounding the publishing of my book and some of the content contained within, I feel it is inappropriate for me to retain the role."

Webcke conceeded that the release of Hard Road: Tough thoughts on a tough game was an unwelcome distraction for the Brisbane club.

“I have visited undue stress and attention on the playing and coaching staff at a time when all energies should be focused upon preparation for upcoming matches, rather than wasted on events of the past," he said.

“I am truly sorry, and in acknowledging my distinct error in judgment, I feel the price I must pay is to relinquish the privilege that it is to work with the Broncos’ squad.''

Webcke played 254 games for the Broncos.

Already in the Webcke book thread, pennywise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.