NEWS Wendell Sailor: "No-One Fears Them"

The ref calls it baulking (which means exactly what you described) and tells the player to play it properly.

But yeah, I have thought the same thing, you can pretend to pass the ball and dummy and run, why can't you feign to play the ball but not, in order to catch the opposition out? It would absolutely assure that defensive lines don't leave early.
I believe baulking is actually meant to be a penalty against the person in possession... so it would be yet another rule fallen by the wayside

I’m watching Dragons vs Tigers Prelim in ‘10 on Fox League.

Gareth Ellis, now that’s a hitman. I wish we had someone like Ellis who hurt people regularly.

Maybe we should go to England and buy one.

I believe baulking is actually meant to be a penalty against the person in possession... so it would be yet another rule fallen by the wayside
Saw some player try the baulk the other week .
The ref told him it was baulking and just let the defence swarm . LOL .

Saw some player try the baulk the other week .
The ref told him it was baulking and just let the defence swarm . LOL .
Yeah sometimes the ref will call baulking and if the defensive line has moved he's basically saying play on even though defence is offside... and that's primarily because they never call baulking as a penalty.

Sometimes the ref will call a crowding penalty if they think the baulking was caused by defenders pushing the ball player off the mark

It's ridiculous that the penalty changes pending game, team, time of the game, etc.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Justwin
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.