NEWS Wests Tigers set to pounce on Broncos star Anthony Milford: Report

Lol talk about shallow analysis. Milf was often outplayed by Nikorima. Nikorima has the one thing that Milf is lacking. That is pride and passion in his own performance. Milf has player about a season and a half of good footy since we signed him. He is the very definition of inconsistent.

Did you actually read my post? Some people just criticise for the sake of it.

Did you actually read my post? Some people just criticise for the sake of it.

I did mate. It may seem like I am bring overly critical of Milf but I feel like it's warranted. He is our highest paid player and he leads our attack. He should be scrutinised more heavily than other players because of his role in the team.

Honestly, I just wanna see the fucker unleash! Show us what you can do Milf. Increase your fitness and play creative footy. Pester the opposition until you find a weakness and exploit the bastard. Be the player we all thought you could be.

Actually on the defensive end I would tend to agree with you. He is small but he is definitely putting in. It's mainly in attack that I am talking about.
Okay that's more fair, because yeah defensively I think he often shows more than most of our team unfortunately.

I'm not going to defend him to death, but i do sympathise with it. It's hard to be motivated when it feels like no one else is taking things seriously. I'm sure everyone in this forum has had group assignments, or team projects in which a couple of members have been slack, and long term that spreads.

I know a true leader etc. should be able to get past that and influence others, but not everyone is that way wired. That's why I think the single biggest change for the Broncos would be making Alex Glenn the captain. He can never be questioned for his work ethic or professionalism, and i'm sure that will spread to the others within the team.

Yeah mate you defended the shit out of both their form this year and everybody knows it, no matter which way you try to spin it. So did a few others, but they had the balls to stick around and own their mistakes. I believe it was the Titans game you fucked off after, wasn't it? The one where Boyd opted to take a knee rather than attempt a tackle?
You have no idea.
Okay that's more fair, because yeah defensively I think he often shows more than most of our team unfortunately.

I'm not going to defend him to death, but i do sympathise with it. It's hard to be motivated when it feels like no one else is taking things seriously. I'm sure everyone in this forum has had group assignments, or team projects in which a couple of members have been slack, and long term that spreads.

I know a true leader etc. should be able to get past that and influence others, but not everyone is that way wired. That's why I think the single biggest change for the Broncos would be making Alex Glenn the captain. He can never be questioned for his work ethic or professionalism, and i'm sure that will spread to the others within the team.
I never thought of it this way. But would you excuse our captain for not being motivated if he sees these young fellas like Milford earning a million a year based on potential they’re never going to reach?

You have no idea.

I never thought of it this way. But would you excuse our captain for not being motivated if he sees these young fellas like Milford earning a million a year based on potential they’re never going to reach?

If that's the case, all the more reason to get rid of Boyd now.

You have no idea.

That is a pretty crap argument to be honest. Boyd as captain, and with the money he is on, and with his experience is the one that is supposed to be driving culture, driving effort, driving discipline, that is what happens when you take on that role. If you are not prepared to do that, surrender the captaincy.

But it’s fine if Milford is doing something similar?

Nope, but then again Milford isn't doing something similar.

If your level of performance is determined by the way other people are performing, then that's a problem. If that is indeed why Boyd, the captain of the biggest Rugby League club in the world, is putting in the efforts he is putting in when he should be the one setting the example, then he needs to go and he needs to fucking go right now.

A good captain finds a way to get through to their players and inspire them to work harder, to put in the effort.

There are people at my work that make twice as much as me and are some of the laziest ***** you will ever see, but I still do my job the best I can even if they don't. At the end of the day, that's going to keep me in a job over them.

If your level of performance is determined by the way other people are performing, then that's a problem. If that is indeed why Boyd, the captain of the biggest Rugby League club in the world, is putting in the efforts he is putting in when he should be the one setting the example, then he needs to go and he needs to fucking go right now.

A good captain finds a way to get through to their players and inspire them to work harder, to put in the effort.

There are people at my work that make twice as much as me and are some of the laziest ***** you will ever see, but I still do my job the best I can even if they don't. At the end of the day, that's going to keep me in a job over them.

Its just a game mate

Its the others in the process that are equally as accountable. I said it the other day, the system we have is fine, i wonder if the personnel aren't the issue. Its way too easy to heap the blame on Bennett. Too many at the Broncos are getting away with under performance away from the playing side and i believe it goes all the way up to White.

Also, its not the same at every other club. Parr does most of the work at the Cowboys for example more than Green. Head coaches in the modern game aren't as involved as they used to be, especially at clubs that have to answer to shareholders like the Broncos.
Apologies for the late reply, but I still gotta say I disagree. All the others may have rubberstamped it and Ok'd it but what it comes down to is that it would have been Bennett's idea. I hardly doubt Louise or Paul or Nolan put their hand up and said "y'know what, let's extend Darius fo 4 years".

Pure speculation on my part but with Mitchell now on the open market, the Tigers may not be as resolute on Milford as their first choice for their next "big" signing.

Why is there no reaction to the example of Milford not trying though? This is my entire point. There’s more outrage at the thought of Boyd not trying than the thought of Milford not trying even though both of the situations are made up. Million dollar players still need to lead, even without the c next to their name.

Last edited:
Apologies for the late reply, but I still gotta say I disagree. All the others may have rubberstamped it and Ok'd it but what it comes down to is that it would have been Bennett's idea. I hardly doubt Louise or Paul or Nolan put their hand up and said "y'know what, let's extend Darius fo 4 years".

I can only speak from the blokes i know, but they tell me Bennett had very little to do with the actual contract negotiations. If it gets put to him "X" player's manager wants a 3 year deal for him and Wayne doesnt agree, he will say so. He would have been happy to take Boyd on a 4 year deal at a guess or he wouldnt have got it, but that doesnt mean its his idea. Wayne just says who he wants, and talks to the player to persuade them to join. I'd say Moses was a better negotiator than White, Nolan and Lanigan and took us to the cleaners.

Last edited:
I did mate. It may seem like I am bring overly critical of Milf but I feel like it's warranted. He is our highest paid player and he leads our attack. He should be scrutinised more heavily than other players because of his role in the team.

Honestly, I just wanna see the fucker unleash! Show us what you can do Milf. Increase your fitness and play creative footy. Pester the opposition until you find a weakness and exploit the bastard. Be the player we all thought you could be.

Another poster made the great observation that the Cowboys only won a premiership when Thurston finally had a playmaking partner in Morgan.

Have a think about that. Have a think about the greatness of Thurston - who I believe is the greatest playmaker of our time - better than Johns.

Andrew Johns had his brother Matthew.

You need to realise a simple fact - league is a TEAM game. It's not about individuals.

Why is there no reaction to the example of Milford not trying though? This is my entire point. There’s more outrage at the thought of Boyd not trying than the thought of Milford not trying even though both of the situations are made up. Million dollar players still need to lead, even without the c next to their name.
+1 again for me. I believe that Milford fades out of games far too much for a player of his class, in the position that he plays. When he is completely on, he is electric, unfortunately that just does not happen enough.

Active Now

• kiwi2
  • Justwin
  • mieko
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • broncsgoat
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • kman
  • Santa
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.