Wet or dry? what will suit us better?

Burg

Burg

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
They are predicting rain tonight and you know I think that will suit us better then the Storm.
I feel it will affect their slick back line moves and hinder their biggest weapon, the bomb. I also think that big forwards will try to slog it out and if we continue to move them around with 2 passes off the ruck it will create gaps. While I’m at it here is my theory on how to beat the Storm.

1. We need to get at least 3 in every tackle, they are not known for their offloads so the risk against them is lower then other teams

2. Our marker defence needs to be better then it has so Smith has less time to roll his big forwards on

3. In attack always go 2 or even 3 passes off the ruck, Storm are tight in close but you can get on the outside of them

4. Kick to find touch or touch in goal so that they are always running into a set defence
It also takes their powerful back line out of play. That might mean Slater might stand back a bit further bringing a chance of a chip and chase or grubber In behind the lines.

One up stuff wont work against the Storm with our forward pack, the one in 2006 yes, the 2008 pack no.

Yeah, wet weather for us will be good I think. It will stop the Storm's tricky quick plays, and if Wallace / Lockyer / Ennis can slow it down more by kick for touch a lot more, then we are in for a real chance.

Follow the Warriors lead at the ruck, dummy half runs all night, and it shouldn't be an issue.

Definitely wet. Slowing down the play takes the edge of the Storm.

im pretty close to suncorp, if it pours for us the more we'll be in it, and i can hear thunder in the distance so hopefully its commin :O

Hate to break it to you guys but BOM website is showing that it isn't likely to reach CBD.

Yeah thats what I'm seeing, still better for the fans if it didn't. I just think it would improve our chances.

Hopefully will slip around the back but no doubt we get some rain at least on the edges.

Reckon rain may suit us better then them.

I reckon the Storm are going into the game with a pretty attacking gameplan.

So hopefully they throw the ball around, make heaps of errors and become frustrated.

Wish it didn't rain with the amount of dropped ball we had.

It was dry in the second half...when we let all those points in!

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.