What’s going wrong with us?

No isaako.
Hes a bennett fav and can leave.
agree with your first paragraph, one your second, i don't think we need a center or fullback. at this stage i would be running with a backline of:

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs/Coates
4. Bird
5. Isaako
6. ??
7. Dearden

Yeah, bit Hunt fucked the club around when he left, and is a drug using arrogant little ****. The club is so far above him.
in a weeks time the only thing or club will be above is the bulldogs...

in a weeks time the only thing or club will be above is the bulldogs...

I'd rather be relegated than give an old drug using money hungry asshole back to the club he fucked over. Crazy talk from Broncos fans here.

I'd rather be relegated than give an old drug using money hungry asshole back to the club he fucked over. Crazy talk from Broncos fans here.
I'd argue the club fucked him over too. The club has been a complete basket case in terms of player retention and recruitment for the past decade.

We don't need to start making desperation signings.

Players like Austin, Hastings etc, they aren't going to change anything. They are playing in England for a reason. We just need to wait until the players we do need come off contract and start signing them. Obviously the Broncos have a plan in place offloading all of these players. They are thinking long term. Making desperation signings is how we **** all of that up.

I actually think the addition of Blake Austin would be a great one now that I've thought about it..

He would add a very different personality into the mix at Broncos. He seems very composed, mature and confident.

He can also play anywhere in the backline. I was sad to see him leave NRL because he was one of my favourite players to watch.

People forget that he was very close to making NSW at 6. I think if he stayed in the NRL he would have been close to making it this year in some capacity. He'd always play better then Wighton for Raiders if that means anything
[automerge]1562030014[/automerge]
2. Oates
3. Boyd
6. Austin
11. Bird

Would work for me on the left edge

Last edited:
I'd argue the club fucked him over too. The club has been a complete basket case in terms of player retention and recruitment for the past decade.

Only from memory, but they offered him a deal, he continued to say he would take it, so we let juniors leave, and then he decided last minute to **** off.

agree with your first paragraph, one your second, i don't think we need a center or fullback. at this stage i would be running with a backline of:

1. Milford
2. Oates
3. Staggs/Coates
4. Bird
5. Isaako
6. ??
7. Dearden

I was working on the theory that we have invested so much into turning Milford into a half and it is probably easier to find the fullback we need rather than the half we need.

I was working on the theory that we have invested so much into turning Milford into a half and it is probably easier to find the fullback we need rather than the half we need.

Milford had his best game of the year and it was his first game at fullback in about 5 years..

I'd consider giving him a pre season at fullback and then make a judgement
[automerge]1562031461[/automerge]
‘Composed’ is the last quality I would attribute to Austin. I really like him too but he really isn’t what we need as he’s too unpredictable and certainly good for an error or three, not to mention dumb plays.

I think Blake Austin in 2020 as a Broncos recruit would be a much different player and person to 2017 Austin at the Raiders.

Last edited:
Milford had his best game of the year and it was his first game at fullback in about 5 years..

I think Blake Austin in 2020 as a Broncos recruit would be a much different player and person to 2017 Austin at the Raiders.

I rate Austin too. I've never rated Ricky as much of a coach or people person, so I think Austin is wasted not running around here.

I rate Austin too. I've never rated Ricky as much of a coach or people person, so I think Austin is wasted not running around here.

You just have to look at Paul Vaughan to see what leaving Ricky's Raiders can do for a player

‘Composed’ is the last quality I would attribute to Austin. I really like him too but he really isn’t what we need as he’s too unpredictable and certainly good for an error or three, not to mention dumb plays.
Rushes up when defending a lot too. Not in the awesome Justin Hodges way either

Would he offer more than bird would at 6? Both had similar games when playing 6, perhaps austin with the edge on kicking.

Either way i really want to see bird involved more (1, 6 or 13). Prior to the milford move i thought he would be our best 1 option.

The broncos have chosen to invest in milford. I think our recruitment focusses on where milford plays from now on. Some big decisions for seibold.

Argue away, interested to hear exactly how we fucked him over.

Milf came up short in defence a few times when Newcastle attacked our short side....again something that can be addressed in the pre-season. I said before on another thread its time to start thinking about next season and write this one off.....think the time has come with this Milf injury...

How about Josh Reynolds - playing reserve grade for Wests Tigers? Bit of mongrel. Bit o leadership. Bit of talk in the middle. Also Aiden Guerra playing play reserve grade. Experienced forward and Queenslander. Contracts mean nothing now ...

You know things are bad when we are suggesting recruiting a guy who can't make the Tigers top 17

And I'm not criticising the post either, I agree that Reynolds would add something to our squad, just with respect to enthusiasm, passion and commitment

I just think it's a sad state of affairs

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.