VOTE What hurt worse; 2015 GF or the spoon?

Which hurt more?

• 2015 GF

Votes: 71 78.9%
  • 2020 season

Votes: 19 21.1%

• Total voters
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Everyone’s going to rage at me for asking such a question but my morbid curiosity has to know.

I got to say that in the moment and then following the GF crushed me as much as I’m willing to let sport do so, but now I look back in that year with nostalgia. This year really did a number on my interest in the game that may take years to recover from.

I am still unable to find any solace from that GF loss. That wound has left such a deep scar which still aches, not so much that we lost, but the way we did. Fucking tragedy.

Last edited:
The GF loss is the worse feeling. It seems a huge difference to being able to say it's been 5 years since we won the comp vs. 14 years as well as being able to say we have won at least once every decade since the 90's etc. Hodges retiring a winner would have been huge as well.

I know the spoon carries some humiliation and before 2020 we could hold our head high for not having won one, but... at the end of the season, if you aren't playing finals, it's not a huge difference to finishing 9th.

I think after the Tigers game, and then getting flogged by Storm the week after in a supposed 'good" performance, the sting from losses started to change into indifference for the rest of the season so spoon was 'meh'.

At least the Broncos were an enjoyable team and you could be proud of their resolve in that 2015 Grand Final.

The past two years have especially been brutal to watch and outside of a few individuals the Broncos have been miserable to watch.

I also feel like there were bigger disappointments than 2015 when it happened.

Last edited:
The grand final hands down. That was when hope turned to horror.

This year there was no hope post resumption.

couldn't care less about the spoon, from 9th to last dosen't mean shit. 2015 our first GF loss was devastating imo

GF loss came in the last little bit but the spoon seem to be coming most of the season. That said I dove down to the grand final and the trip back home sucked big time. But seeing my team get the spoon is just as bad I'm afraid and don't ever want to see that again.

2015 GF - We should have wrapped that up.

This year was a complete shit show and we never had a chance with the running of the team. I blame this year on the coaching and management circus. They never stood a chance, 2015 they had a chance.

Last edited:
The Grand Final, easily. The nature of it, having the game won right up until the 80th minute, then seeing Oates doing his typical up and in bullshit in defence that he should have ironed out of his game months beforehand, then JT missing the conversion only to have Hunt deliver him a field goal in GP on a silver platter (can you imagine where Milford would be as a player now if he had capped off a Clive Churchill medal performance with a field goal to win a premiership?). All of it together was just inexcusable for such a huge occasion and was far more embarrassing as a supporter.

The spoon will be forgotten in a couple of years. Every club has to get one eventually, and for us, 30+ years without one is something to be proud of all its own, and remember, Melbourne got theirs before we did (2010), and they had to stew on the fact they would be spooners for MONTHS before it was even official. The Roosters have 5 spoons across their history, do you think they are haunted by them now?

Last edited:
The Grand Final, easily. The nature of it, having the game won right up until the 80th minute, then seeing Oates doing his typical up and in bullshit in defence that he should have ironed out of his game months beforehand, then JT missing the conversion only to have Hunt deliver him a field goal in GP on a silver platter (can you imagine where Milford would be as a player now if he had capped off a Clive Churchill medal performance with a field goal to win a premiership?). All of it together was just inexcusable for such a huge occasion and was far more embarrassing as a supporter.

The spoon will be forgotten in a couple of years. Every club has to get one eventually, and for us, 30+ years without one is something to be proud of all its own, and remember, Melbourne got theirs before we did (2010), and they had to stew on the fact they would be spooners for MONTHS before it was even official. The Roosters have 5 spoons across their history, do you think they are haunted by them now?
Definite asterisk next to the storm spoon

The grand final loss for sure. Maybe if that didn't happen this spoon would hurt more but without trying to sound too dramatic that loss and the way we lost it took something from me. I went to a really dark place after that and eventually realised that I cannot let sport affect me that much and cannot be that invested. I am still an avid Broncos supporter which I am sure is obvious but I cannot ever be like that again.

Hopefully the spoon is the catalyst for real change because even when we were winning we have never looked like we did for all of 2015 again. This current team is disgusting and a disgrace and to be honest I don't like 95% of the team.

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.