What I want to see for the rest of the season

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
As a life long Broncos fan, I've seen us reach amazing highs (mostly against the odds) and I've also seen us go through some tough days. The last 2 months have been the toughest as a Broncos fan, and it doesn't look like getting any easier. In previous seasons when we've been down on troops and out of games, at least we haven't given up, I personally don't think the same of the past two months.

What I want to see from the rest of the season is focus towards next year. We should be saying that today is the start of our 2010 season. Henjack should say to the boys, "If you want to play for the Broncos and play for me next season I want to see it on the park. If I don't feel you are putting in the effort you will be dropped from the side and I'll pick players that want to play for the Bronco jumper." That way if Hunt doesn't look like he wants to be there he can be dropped, Taylor can go, and we can see who really wants to play for us next season.

No excuses...I don't care if we have to put a Toyota Cup side on the park. All I ask of the Broncos is to pick 17 players that are going to give their all for 80 minutes each week. If they lose, so be it, but I want them to at least give it a go and make me proud as a supporter.

Committment, Pride, Passion, Aggression, Desperation. Loyalty. Hurt, Pain, Anger

Beads6 said:
Committment, Pride, Passion, Aggression, Desperation. Loyalty. Hurt, Pain, Anger

x1000000000

but also add HEART

Foordy said:
Beads6 said:

x1000000000

but also add HEART

Yeah no doubt I missed a few but to add Heart they'd have to buy one from a butcher I reckon.

Agreed Mister Wright - as far as I'm concerned that loss to the Raiders (in disgusting fashion) should be the catalyst for planning and looking for 2010.
Mathematics, schmathematics is what I say. If we can't show up against the raiders in a game where we had to win for soooo many reasons but really to get some pride back - disgusting performance. We don't deserve to make the 8 and won't be challenging any of the top teams anyway.
Next week I want to see some bloody pride in the jersey.

My theory is if we do show some fight and give the guys a go that are going to be there next year, who knows? We might just find that spark to catapult us towards the final and win our last 5...wouldn't it be great to be down and out and smash the Dragons in round 24?

Henjak has inherited this team, and probably lost a lot of players he didn't want to. Time for him to mould the team and live or die by his actions.

We have seen an improvement with the Roosters knowing they are playing for next year with 'Take no prisoners' Smith coming next year, perhaps the same attitude at the Broncos could see a change...

There is no one there to bring the respect into the jersey. The coach can't, he hasn't been with us, he's not a true Bronco like Bennett was.

We need someone who can really push the fact that the Broncos were always a proud club, and players wanted to play for them, and the Broncos were actually feared, and respected.

I thought Henjak had been with the club within the coaching staff for close to a decade.

I thought it was closer to a 5 year tenure.

Henjak has been at the club since 1994.

Can't remember if he left & then came back.

He Started with us in 1994, coached reserve grade for a few years, then become assistant coach. He then left for a few years and came back 05 or around then.

I think he may have gone back & worked for the Raiders.

Ironic.

He was a reserve grade coach too. Hardly anything special.

Nashy said:
Ironic.

every coach is a reserve grade coach before they get a start as a head coach.

Foordy said:
Nashy said:
Ironic.

That's not where I was going with that. I mean, he hasn't been at the club as such.

Foordy said:
Nashy said:
Ironic.

Exaclty. Henjak had a near identical resume to what Bellamy had prior to going to the Storm.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Kev_Guz
  • heartly87
  • Stix
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Skyblues87
  • Allo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • BroncoFan94
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.