What i want to see Round 1 v Cowboys at Townsville

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
Putting on my QLD hat; i recently visited Townsville and its a fuckin dump. But i know the amount of blood sweat tears and cash went into this stadium, and for the sake of the Townsville CBD, i really hope it provides the benefits many are hoping for. Thus its only right the Cowboys christian their new home with a win, and i don't begrudge them this...

Right, got that out of the way, so this is what ill be watching the most;

1. Our bench; HIA rule is having a effect obviously, as quite a few other NRL teams have rejigged their to accommodate injuries anywhere in the starting 13. Now, either Siebold is ahead of the curve here, or hes being too smart for his own good (or thinks he is still the smartest bunny in the house). So i will watch to see how the forward rotation works (or not) and whoever the back is who replaces Isaako is introduce into the game? (hearing Oates will move to 2nd row to give our edge forwards a rest)

2. Patty Carrigan; named co-captain for this game shows the long term trajectory for this young lock for mine. Now there will be a hell of a atmosphere up at Townsville and we need cool heads out there to help steer the team through it. Can Patty maintain his game plus also represent the coach as his voice on the field, and not compromise both?

3. Payne Haas; does this bloke play 80 minutes? I know he can, but doesn't mean he should? I get the feeling that coaches are going to be asking more of their starting forwards to play longer spells, due to the composition of the benches. So seeing his workload in this game will be interesting. I do fear that this guy will burn out early the rate he plays...

4. Isaako; is his head really in the game right now? Kid has been through huge off field issues and obviously as a fan i wish him and his family well. Can he be the answer for arguably the most important position in modern NRL? Does Siebold move Arthur's there during the game if he struggles?.....dunno, that's why im watching...

Putting on my QLD hat; i recently visited Townsville and its a fuckin dump. But i know the amount of blood sweat tears and cash went into this stadium, and for the sake of the Townsville CBD, i really hope it provides the benefits many are hoping for. Thus its only right the Cowboys christian their new home with a win, and i don't begrudge them this...

Right, got that out of the way, so this is what ill be watching the most;

1. Our bench; HIA rule is having a effect obviously, as quite a few other NRL teams have rejigged their to accommodate injuries anywhere in the starting 13. Now, either Siebold is ahead of the curve here, or hes being too smart for his own good (or thinks he is still the smartest bunny in the house). So i will watch to see how the forward rotation works (or not) and whoever the back is who replaces Isaako is introduce into the game? (hearing Oates will move to 2nd row to give our edge forwards a rest)

2. Patty Carrigan; named co-captain for this game shows the long term trajectory for this young lock for mine. Now there will be a hell of a atmosphere up at Townsville and we need cool heads out there to help steer the team through it. Can Patty maintain his game plus also represent the coach as his voice on the field, and not compromise both?

3. Payne Haas; does this bloke play 80 minutes? I know he can, but doesn't mean he should? I get the feeling that coaches are going to be asking more of their starting forwards to play longer spells, due to the composition of the benches. So seeing his workload in this game will be interesting. I do fear that this guy will burn out early the rate he plays...

4. Isaako; is his head really in the game right now? Kid has been through huge off field issues and obviously as a fan i wish him and his family well. Can he be the answer for arguably the most important position in modern NRL? Does Siebold move Arthur's there during the game if he struggles?.....dunno, that's why im watching...

Townsville isn’t that bad. A lot of it is better than large parts of Brisbane.

Last edited:
I want to see a win and some fucking effort. Remind them just before kick off their last game was a 56-0 flogging. The fans haven't forgotten that and we demand a response

At this stage I just want to see the 2020 Broncos play a game together. My hopes we'll get anything resembling a season are pretty much dashed.

I want to hear the collisions between Tonga contender TPJ vs Tonga champion JT13

I'll be happy if we are in the game until the end and we just compete. We have a good starting 11, the bench is very, very ordinary.

I want to see a good old fashioned brawl started by someone deliberately coughing in someone’s face. The season is probably dead anyway and that would be hilarious.

...thats arguably putting the season on ice I reckon...!:paint::argh:

NBA have already "suspended" their season with a month to go.....reckon we see no NBA until the play-offs now...

Maybe NRL should just play the finals now...???

Yeah, nah **** em.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.