What song are you listening to?

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
Will never happen unfortunately. Plus, way past their prime. I saw the Pixies a while back, playing the whole Doolittle album, and it was awesome. But it couldn’t compare in any way to the bands prime. It’s unique to see a band at their best live. That’s why we remember it our whole life when it happens. I wish I could have seen the Zep live, plus Zappa, Floyd, Hendrix, Beatles, Nirvana etc. Thank jeebus for YouTube.

*oops, said Floyd twice, I wish! Once during the late sixties and once during the Wall tour.
Obviously that would be my preference, but not an option. I wasn't even a glint in my dad's eye when a lot of my favourite bands were at their peak.

I've been able to see a few, Sabbath, Purple, Uriah Heep, Bowie etc - and I'm much happier to say I got to see them before they pass than I would be if I were to compare them to their peak.

Like you, Hendrix, Beatles, Floyd, Zappa, Rainbow would have all been high up on my list. Sucks I'll never get the chance.

holdzy89

NRL Captain
Obviously that would be my preference, but not an option. I wasn't even a glint in my dad's eye when a lot of my favourite bands were at their peak.

I've been able to see a few, Sabbath, Purple, Uriah Heep, Bowie etc - and I'm much happier to say I got to see them before they pass than I would be if I were to compare them to their peak.

Like you, Hendrix, Beatles, Floyd, Zappa, Rainbow would have all been high up on my list. Sucks I'll never get the chance.
You get the chance to see a legend/legends, you take it, for sure! Lucky fucker. Would kill ( or at least maim) to see Bowie, Sabbath etc.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
This may be an unpopular opinion but I also love seeing Coldplay live, they really put on a spectacle.

On the flip side, as much as I love Jimmy Eat World, their live performances almost seem like a chore than like they actually want to be there. That's sad, because they sound just as good live.
*scratches chin* Coldplay and Jimmy Eat World in the one post......Parachutes Tour?

Super Freak

International Captain
Brisbane
Not really a song but a video about one of the greatest songs ever made.

It's really quite astonishing Queen managed to pull this off especially with the technology they had back then. And then you look at the technology at our disposal today and the music for the most part is just complete dog shit.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Spotify have put together a '90s hip-hop playlist which I've been listening to the last few days.

Can absolutely give it the ning seal of approval. Every song on there is a banger.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
^^^ Was actually listening to that in the car on Friday, and Hip 2 Da Game came on. Actually thought of you at that moment, soup soup... that's not weird at all, right? hahaha

soup

State of Origin Rep
Spotify have put together a '90s hip-hop playlist which I've been listening to the last few days.

Can absolutely give it the ning seal of approval. Every song on there is a banger.

That’s a classy playlist man! Thank you!

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Mate, where ya been?! It's an absolute classic!

Kimlo broncospwn you a '90s hip-hop fan bro? I didn't think you were much of a music person!
If there's any playlist I'm going to pump in the car it's that. That's half of my songs in my library. Love 90's hip-hop! Definitely not a "music person" though, I do like a bit but I go weeks at a time without listening to a song.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Highlights