What song are you listening to?

Morkel

International Captain
It really pisses me off that now so many people are now saying "it's not okay to play Michael Jackson songs any more".

FFS, he can no longer defend himself, and when he did, he was cleared. Is it possible he's a kiddy fiddler? Sure. But don't go telling everyone what they can and can't listen to because you have been convinced he is, most likely by a one-sided documentary.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
I think I read somewhere that like 45mins of the documentary had to be cut because it was straight up BS? There's holes all through his story apparently.

"MJ assaulted me at this awards show"
"He didn't attend that show"

etc etc

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
It really pisses me off that now so many people are now saying "it's not okay to play Michael Jackson songs any more".

FFS, he can no longer defend himself, and when he did, he was cleared. Is it possible he's a kiddy fiddler? Sure. But don't go telling everyone what they can and can't listen to because you have been convinced he is, most likely by a one-sided documentary.
This is the world we live in now unfortunately.

Facts? who cares.
Evidence? Not important.
A one-sided documentary on Netflix? That cunt is guilty as sin, burn everything!

ivanhungryjak

NRL Captain
Suncorp Stadium
I don’t know - I watched the first part of Leaving Neverland the other night and it’s pretty compelling. From what I can gather, Pell was convicted on less evidence than I saw in that show so far.

Allo

NRL Captain

People have to decide if they can seperate the work or even them as an artist from the person themselves. MJ was always a bit suss, but if people are going to say that kind of absolute, I expect them to stick to it and extend it to everything else. Are those same people Catholic? Are they going to renounce their religion? (just an example).

I also personally have separated MJ's music career from his personal life as it was pretty much 'Black Michael' and 'White Michael'. It may sound racist, but when it's his music, I just hear/see Black Michael.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I implore you all to listen to this track, against your nature. It is the depth of love I feel for not only my immediate family, but anyone I care about, including you.

Yes, you.

I’m a lover. So be it.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
But no, I won’t go crawling down the isle for you.

I guess I just posted to give an insight to how I actually feel.

This is the song I choose for my casket to be carried out to.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
How good is it when you're in a particular mood, whether it be happy or sad and you put on some tunes and they just augment that feeling of happiness, or make your heart feel like the music understands your sadness.

Does that even make sense? Fucking music hey, I just love it!!!

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!

[HASHTAG]#teamMJ[/HASHTAG]
Fuck this is a banger. MJ was a phenomenal artist.

I was never really into him, and then when he died there was just constant docos on MTV, Max, VH1, etc and I learnt a bit about the man behind the music. I also discovered a few new tunes too. This one below grabbed me as soon as I heard it.

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Bit more mainstream, but this one is a good'un - not just a catchy beat, but the premise is one all should take heed of.

Alec

International Rep

This one was always funky as shit. I actually might even prefer it to the other big hitters on Thriller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Legend01

Members online

Highlights