What's up?

Jedhead

NRL Player
Happy Hogmanay to one and all. I like Porthoz's idea of 2019 being the year of the Bronco.

Morkel

International Captain
One of our designers had an extra week's holiday. We're missing him.

Previousy we had been sharing obscure videos of praying mantis's swaying when angered, like the below.

So when we came back from holidays and he was not here, we needed a replacement. Someone fun. We made this.

Also, he had previously bitched about being the only person who bothered to empty the bins. So this happened:

Bin1.png
Bin2.png
Bin3.png
Bin4.png

He's back on Monday. The bin will be waiting for him.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I met this fly girl in a club
Went by the name of pecan deluxe
This ice cream was high maintenance
When I took her out
Nearly cost me twenty bucks
Met this chick named walnut whip
Nearly made me sick
To the point of throwin' up
So I called chocolate chip
With the sweet toffee crisp
And I still can't get enough

Kimlo

International Captain
Brisbane
Yeah it'll probably be a few hundred K.
It's actually based on a modular design so it essentially snaps together like a puzzle so size is adjustable from tiny to stupidly big.

The coolest thing about this tech (which is the next evolution after OLED screens) is the modularity. How cool would it be to buy say a 65" TV and slowly add to it instead of buying a new TV? And if one part of the screen breaks you can replace that part instead of needing a whole new TV.

Can't wait for this tech to hit mainstream and economies of scale to bring the price down to reasonable. Hopefully within the next decade.

They demoed separate panes snapping together in real time. Seriously cool stuff.

Last edited:

Morkel

International Captain
We do that at work, have done for like 2 years. But at nowhere near the resolution obviously. The highest quality I think is P4 (one LED every 4mm), but obviously this stuff is made for big screens, like 20 metres +, so most of what we do is P8 or P10.

Nashy

International Captain
Brisbane
We do that at work, have done for like 2 years. But at nowhere near the resolution obviously. The highest quality I think is P4 (one LED every 4mm), but obviously this stuff is made for big screens, like 20 metres +, so most of what we do is P8 or P10.
Yeah so these are far, far higher resolution than that.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Totally out of the blue, but my partner did a pregnancy test this morning after being ten days late...

Two stripes.

We’re having another baby!
Congratulations I think! That's nine now isn't it? Got love a big family!

soup

State of Origin Rep
Congratulations I think! That's nine now isn't it? Got love a big family!
You’re thinking of Morkel ;)

Nope, just the one child (and one now adult with his own child). This will make three, but only the second for my partner.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter